The Note

TW: MENTIONS OF ABUSE, HOMOPHOBIA

Lucius' POV:
That Saturday, I wrote Walburga a letter.

Dear Walburga,
Your son has been showing some very unacceptable behavior. He has decided to be gay, and he is currently dating the blood traitor James Potter. Please tell him that his behavior is horrible.
Sincerely,
Lucius Malfoy

I got a letter back the next day.

Dear Lucius,
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. He will be punished when he comes home for the summer. Please tell him that his behavior is unacceptable, and that he can either break up with James or he will be severely punished over the summer.
Signed,
Lady Black

As soon as I got the note I handed it to Regulus.

Regulus' POV:

As soon as I read the note, everything I feared was real. I didn't show it, but I was terrified.
Why do I have to be so weird? Why can't I just be normal?

"So will you break up with him?" Lucius asked, pointing at James.
"Never!" I pushed him away, and walked out of the great hall.

James' POV:
I saw Regulus walk out of the great hall, so I followed him.
"Where are you going?" Remus asked.

I pointed over at Reggie and left. He saw me and walked faster, like he was avoiding me. I finally caught up with him and he stopped.
"What do you want?" He snapped.
"Why are you being so rude?" I asked. I tried to hold his hand, but he just pushed me away.
"No one can see us together!" He screamed.
"Why not? I thought we were fine with everyone knowing about us," I was confused. Didn't he want everyone to know? What happened? Did someone make fun of him? "Unless you're not, then I'm fine keeping it a secret."
"Its... not that. Lucius wrote a letter to Walburga... she says that I have to break up with you or I'll be in big trouble," He looked upset, so I hugged him. I could here him sniffling, and I hugged him tighter.

Regulus' POV:
"I love you," I whispered into James' shoulder.
"I love you too, babe," He breathed.
I pulled away from him, and started talking.
"That's why I'm sorry,"
"For what?"

"Bringing you into all of my problems," I answered. "You shouldn't have to put up with my mum's stupid rules!"
He kissed me before replying, "I'm not putting up with them... I'm ignoring them,"
I laughed, and we both walked back to the great hall, holding hands. I didn't care what happened now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Narrator's POV:
A couple weeks later, James and Regulus had their first date. They had a picnic by the lake.

A few weeks after that it was finally time to return home for the summer.

James' POV:
"Are you sure you don't want to go to my house for the summer?" I asked Reggie.
"Yes, I'm sure. I'll be fine... hopefully," He kissed me before he got off the train. "I love you James."
"I love you too," I replied. "Text me if anything happens!"

_____________
Word count: 515