53- our entire lives together

30th April 1981

Me and Roger came back from our short get away to find ourselves desperate to run off on another. He'd released a solo album on the 6th, which meant constant work for him, and I still had to spend each day being bombarded with questions about my newly revealed childhood.

I kept away from it all as much as I could. As much as anyone could. I avoided the papers unless Connie or Julian advised me to read them, and Mel assured me that jobs wouldn't be spent questioning how I coped and how I would live with my newest and unsurprisingly worst scar.

And on top of the crashing weight our names, pasts and futures bought us, I decided to sell my place in move in with Roger- something the press were yet to discover and print. Which in conclusion lead to me, Roger, Julian, Connie, Summer and even Leo being stood in the middle of my front room as we watched the last piece of furniture stand proudly in its centre.

"I love the sofa... I don't want it to go." I sighed, watching the isolated bundle of cushions as it sulked without its friends surrounding it. I didn't realise how many memories had been made and shared on that exact couch until I had to wave it goodbye. It was sad, even though I didn't exactly wake up this morning and expect it to be.

"Then we'll take the sofa..." Roger shrugged, as if it was a task that meant almost too little to him. "We can take whatever you want. It's gonna be our house... not just mine."

"You've gotten rid of almost everything doll." Julian added, slumping against the floor with a small chuckle that showed his pure exhaustion. I knew why I'd ditched most of my furniture, and that's because I was ready to leave behind the memories. The memories that I didn't want to let haunt me in Roger's company.

It was another chapter we were about to turn the page to together. It was another pair of pages to overcome before we had the relief of another part of our story. It was rightfully my story more than it was his, since he seemed to come and go a couple of times throughout the duration of it- but it was my story that he'd become a prominent part of. And I was certain he was never gonna let me enter a new chapter on my own, even if we were apart I think he's always be there.

"We've all made memories on that sofa." Connie replied, smiling at me as our minds flicked through the images of the two of us spending our lonelier nights together. She's been the one to help me drag it though the door the day I moved in.

"Yeah... we've had great sex on there too." Roger laughed, nudging my side as my cheeks hued bright red. Everyone burst into a fit of giggled, even Julian, despite the mortified expression he wore. "And of course we had more than just that..."

"Let's order some food and have one last take out in here. We can sit on the floor. It'll be fun. Just one last night in Adelynn Petrovs house before we have to say goodbye." Julian jumped up at the excitement of his idea, encouraging all of us to nod along with him as his convincing words processed.

I glanced across at Roger who'd now sat on the sofa, Toulouse sprawled in his lap as his bright eyes and warm smile paired with a subtle nod, the glare in his blue swarming irises making my heart almost skip a beat. It was true what Connie said, you couldn't fake a look of true love. His eyes prized me like he loved me more than he had anything or anyone else.

-

Soon enough we were all sat around in the middle of the floor eating out of Chinese containers, me and Roger sitting on the sofa we'd agreed not to let go of with the cat sat between us eagerly eyeing up our noodles.

"Can we get another cat ?" Roger suddenly asked, glancing at the ginger between us as my eyebrows raised. I chuckled a little with the initial shock of what he's asked, but soon settled into the realisation of his seriousness.