Chapter 9

"Are you out of your mind? Nobody will ever agree to that." Out of a mix of anger and frustration I shouted, "Hey everyone, apparently there isn't just one pyshcopath behind this and there's a group! So, let's all do what we should've from the start, and all 41 of us should just REFUSE TO FIGHT!" Everyone seemed exhausted already and nodded and shouted in agreement. To my suprise, even Rachel, her partner, and Rose agreed. I shot Elijah another look, and he let out a small smile. For some reason, shooting each other looks just became our 'thing' I guess. I wondered if we both made it out, if we'd ever see each other again. Or what was through that white portal that only nine of us so far has had the pleasure to walk through. Believe me, when the portal opened, I tried to break my tube so many times to run to the portal, but I never can. Whatever the tube or that white plate is made of, both are indestructible. Round Nine began, and to my surprise, no one moved. I honestly thought at least Rachel's trio would move, but that didn't even occur. About two minutes of no one moving, the announcer came on, "Attention subjects, I must make one thing clear: If you don't start fighting, I will execute all of your families one by one through this loudspeaker. If you don't believe me, realize this. You weren't brought here by choice, and we know more about you than even...yourselves. Samantha! Come here servant! Listen to this, Subjects!"

A loud blood curdling scream came from the loudspeaker, and a thud was also heard. "This...could be your families. We killed Samantha, our own kind. Don't think we won't kill yours too. That is all."

Then, everybody, including myself, ran for the center.