Chapter 16

"So I think we're in a lab of some sort." Elijah said as we walked through the corridors of the myserious building.

I nodded in agreement. "A box was labeled Sara only in whatever storage room we were in. Do you think she could be behind this?"

"Probably. These pyshcopaths are crazy."

"Yeah."

We kept walking, and a woman with short pink hair, brown eyes, fair skin, and looked about 5 ft 7 came up to me and said, "Do you even know where we are going?"

"To find an exit." I responded bluntly.

"Wow. So I take it you don't know where one is?"

"And you do?" Elijah stepped in, stepping in between me and the woman, who looked to be in her 20s.

"I'm just saying, maybe our leader needs to be someone more smart. Someone like...me." She smiled.

"Larua is smarter than you'll ever be! And you're not smart, cause if you were, your hair wouldn't look like Barbie threw up on it!"

The woman looked offended and then started screaming vile words at me and Elijah. I'll spare you the not so nice details.

Then, much to my fright, another woman and four guards, two at each side, appeared in the other end of the hall.

"E-Elijah." I started to say.

But it was too late.

I watched as the guards started shooting and the first bullet pierced Elijah's chest.