Chapter 13

"Oh no you don't." Was all I said before picking up Elijah's axe. My stomach grew butterflies and my heart fluttered when I picked it up, thinking of his green eyes, mouse brown hair and wide smile.

Then I hurled the axe into Rachel's side, killing her instantly.

Sadly, I slammed into the wall so hard I died again, hitting my head against it.

That's the second time now.

I woke up in the same tube and looked to Elijah, who smiled at me. His eyes softened.

"Good job." he mouthed, giving me two thumbs up.

A man who looked like Jesus himself ended up winning, and smiled as he walked through the white portal.

During the intermission, I saw Elijah coming out of his tube, and immediately ran into his strong, athletic chest, and hugged him. He smelled like sweat and pine trees, but I didn't care.

He was surprised at first. But then he hugged me back.

"Good job, Laura." he said while holding me tightly.

"Thanks." I smiled.

Soon, the round started.

Elijah and I ran to the wall again, but not without grabbing a weapon first. Elijah once again picked out an axe while I got a sword.

We ran to the wall, ignoring the others fighting, some tired, others desperate to win and walk through that white portal.

Elijah and I made it and stuck our hands together, trying to open it.

But then, the hole grew wider and wider, and soon...

I could fit through it.