29.

Alissa.

I knew he couldn't sleep.

Every single time I had allowed sleep to succumb, Zayn would end up getting out of bed to have some internal argument with himself.

He was fighting himself about something.

I wanted to comfort him, but my head is pounding, and when I feel him sitting up again, I turn over and look up at him.

"Did I wake you?" He murmurs after a moment

"Kind of."

Turning my back, I reach for the lamp switch, but he leans over me and grabs my arm.

"No."

"Oh." I frown and pull my hand away as I feel his hand against my waist.

I turn to face him and I feel him laying down again, but his arms don't stray far from my body.

Every time he touches me it becomes more and more intimate than he probably realised.

"What you said about Zaidan? Does he really want to stay with Hafid?" Zayn questions quietly.

I swallow. "I just got that vibe. He seems happy."

Zayn sighs. "I don't know what to believe."

"He still loves you Zayn." I reassure. "He misses you."

Zayn doesn't reply. "Then why doesn't he want to come back. It's hard to believe."

I shrug and bite my lip.

"I don't know. He never said he didn't want to come back. I just got that vibe."

"And then he just drugged you?" He says confused.

"I think he spiked my drink." I frown at the hazy memory. "I can't exactly remember."

"Well whatever it was, your body didn't accept it." Zayn murmurs.

I bite my lip and sigh quietly.

"They only know you as my first class fresh meat slave. They don't know you as someone I'm auctioning off. But I'm not one hundred percent sure, Hafid will buy you now that Zaidan knows you."

I swallow. "Well this just fucked up your already fucked up plan." I say as I turn into my back to look up at the ceiling.

"But then again, he might buy you because he knows you."

"Who?"

"Hafid. Was there another person with you and Zaidan?"

I nod and frown.

"I think it was Hafid. When I put you to bed, he was walking in from outside."

Oh.

"So Hafid knows who I am." I whisper.

I was speaking to Hafid without even realising it.

Why can't I remember properly?!

Zayn doesn't say anything for a while, but he props himself up on his elbow and trails a finger along my arm, causing chills to follow in the trace of where his skin traced.

"I still have to sell you."

I pierce my lips together as anger boils up in me.

"Why?!"

"You're only obligated to me as someone to sell. You're not mine to keep."

I wipe away the tear that's rolling down my cheek.