6.

PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE. IMPORTANT

My hands were skaing when I had opened the door to his office.

Taylors voice was sawrming around my head the whole time, warning me about how dodgy Zayn seems after all the strange events yesterday.

Now that I'm walking into his office, oblivious to what today brings, and curious as to why I'm the only intern here, I think I'm starting to understand Taylors wariness.

Stepping through the familiar office, I gaze around the ridiculous view and notice Jane, his personal assistant that welcomed me in to his office yesterday standing in front of his desk.

I swallow my pride down as I seek further, to find Zayn on the otherside searching through some documents in his draws.

"Takes a seat, Alissa." Jane speaks first.

In my awkward state, I finally force my brain and muscles to work together to move my legs and sit down on the seat.

Zayn finally acknowledges that I'm here and I straighten my posture as those eyes stare at me intensely.

"You clean up well." He comments, before clearing his throat and handing a file to Jane.

Zayn sends her a look that's only meant for her and she nods, obviously understanding and walks out with the file.

Frowning and ignoring the acknowledgement between the two, I look down at my laptop bag and find the courage to speak.

"Thank you so much for the company laptop-"

Zayn sighs. "It's fine, it's part of working here at Malik Enterprises." He says. "Did you get the books?"

I frown, but fake a smile. "Yes, I did."

"And?"

My frown deepens. "And?!" I repeat confused.

"And did you read them? Well, the first one at least." Zayn questions, growing frustrated with me.

He leans back on his seat, his arm outstretched against the desk while the other rests on the arm of his chair.

His fingers run along the bottom of his lip, then his chin as I shake my head. "I can't read a book in one night, I don't exactly read fiction books. Not those kind of books anyway."

"It's not fiction." Zayn frowns.

I blink at him. "What?"

"If I ask you to read the first book, will you?"

I wince. No.

"Yes." I nod.

"I want you to read them. They're based on a true story, a story that I'm very fond of." Zayn speaks formally.

I frown and scoff before suppressing myself as the thought of Taylor's kinky erotica hobby comes to mind. She's read the book and gave a brief description about it.

He gives me a look, one that's challenging and makes me cower away like some small child.

"Okay, I'll start tonight." I say confidently

It won't happen though. I'll either look up the plot online and read reviews. Or maybe I should ask Taylor all I need to know so I can bullshit my way with him because so far, I'm not doing very well.

"Good. You'll be working with Jane today. I see you're good with numbers."

I nod, smiling joyfully.

"I only just had time to go through your profile. We'll forget about tomorrow and start over." Zayn smiles.

An actual smile that makes my heart twist as he uses his index finger to move the loose part of his hair out of his face.