The Aftermath

Blue's PoV.

Felt like it was yesterday when I left Owen to start my life anew, but was only a month. While this have been boring without anyone to talk to I feel much safer here then I did on the island. Most of the other predators I've encountered so far are my size or small and are typical scared of me. With this new sense of confidence I became a predator to fear.

After I had just finished eating what the humans had called a pig, thou this one had hair and two sharp teeth that stuck out of it's mouth, I need a drink. So I walked over to a pond I frequented and drank to my hearts delight. Then I smell it. A familiar smell, but it shouldn't have been possible...

For it was supposed to be dead.

I turned and looked over to a particularly dark spot of trees.

Blue: You're not as stealthy as you think you are.

I called out to it. It walked out of the shadows on it's hid legs. The yellow stripe, red eyes, and two large scars where it had fallen told me everything I needed to know, it was that freak.

Indoraptor: Did you think I let you run off that easily.

Blue: To my credit, I thought you were dead.

Indoraptor: Well to bad for you.

It then pounced for me, but I jumped back into the pond. I turned and ran deeper into the pond. It got to a point where I was forced to swim, but it worked in my favor. Cause when that freak tried to follow me in it struggled to swim and was clearly in pain while swimming. I reached the other side of the pond and ran deeper into the woods. I knew of a relatively steep spot which might finish it off. So I continued to run, but I could hear it keeping up behind me. For an animal of it's size it was fast as all hell. I managed to reach my spot and hid in a nearby thicket.

Soon it approached and I pouced. It dodged my attack and I landed to the ground near the edge of hill. I quickly got up and pouced back on it. Pushing us back into the forest. So it grabbed me and threw me into a bush, but all that did was piss me off. I roared and charged at it. When I pouced on it, it slipped onto a rotting log. The log broke with a crack as it made collision, but it got right back up and bit my tail. I didn't even have time to register the attack before it threw me to the ground. I rolled for a bit, but got right back up. It began charging me, but the big rock behind me gave me a plan. As it was about to crash into me I jumped to the side and it crashed into the rock head first. The rock had gained a crack on it, two teeth fell out of it's mouth, and it held it's head in pain. It turned to me as I pouced right for it. I landed on it's side and started bitting and clawing into it, but I failed to notice it was bring me to a tree.

Before I could move away I felt my right foot crack. I screeched in pain as I realized it broke my foot. In rage I bite into it's left shoulder, coming into contact with the broke bones inside of it that had failed to heal. It screeched in pain and back away. I fell to the ground and screeched as my right foot landed, sending a shockwave of pain throughout my body. I looked down at my right foot, it was all bruised, beaten, and bleeding. I tried standing back up, but the pain, and the fact my foot was broken, prevented that from happening. So I fell back to the ground in a searing pain. I looked back up to see if it would finish me off, but as I did it fell to the ground. It then turned over to me with a disappointed scowl.

Indoraptor: God damn you.

Blue: ME!? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO ATTACK MY FAMILY!

Indoraptor: Those humans are your family?

I went silent for a bit not knowing what to say.

Blue: Well not really. I never really had a mother or father.

Indoraptor: Me either.

Blue: What you doing? Trying to get me to lower my guard?

Indoraptor: I can't even stand right know I'm in so much pain. You probably as well.

Blue: Yeah thanks for that.

Indoraptor: Hey, you killed me.

Blue: Yeah I did. How comes your still alive?

It went silent for a second.

Indoraptor: I don't know. But that's not the point. Why did you try to kill me?

Blue: You were going to kill my family.

Indoraptor: No I wasn't.

Blue: What?

Indoraptor: Are you talking about those three humans that were there when we were fighting?

Blue: Yeah.

Indoraptor: I thought you guys were gonna save me. I only attacked after that male human shot me. But then before you pushed us through the invisible roof I realized that they were a family and they were trying to protect each other. So I was about to retreat until, you know.

I was shocked. Every other freak like him would attack with no reasoning. The white raptor and the ugly creatures, but not this one. It thought we were going to help it and it only attack out of confusion.

Blue: I'm sorry.

Indoraptor: Me too.

We sat there in silence for what seemed like a few minutes before it chirped in.

Indoraptor: Now what? Do we just sit here and wait to die.

Blue: I don't know. I would expect you to recover first and either abandoned me or kill me.

Indoraptor: Why would I do that now. We're on the same side. Your no longer an enemy to me.

It then lowered it's head and went to sleep and shortly afterwards I followed suite.