New Purpose

*Ripper's PoV*

It's been days and Blue hasn't gotten up. She's just been laying on the ground. I know she's still alive, cause she's breathing, drinking water I bring her from a bucket I found, and she has been eating her food she's been storing. I've been worried for her, but at the same time I have no idea what was going to her. Eventually I gave up waiting and asker what was wrong.

Ripper: Blue, what's going on?

Blue: Nothing, just sick.

Sick? Okay, not what I was expected, but then again she has gotten sick before. And as far as I'm aware I've never been sick so what would I know.

Ripper: Okay.

I sat down next to her and we fell asleep.

*A Month Later*

Okay, I'm down right terrified. Blue's been sick for a god damn month. She's been sick before, but not this long. I'm sacred.

*Blue's PoV*

I can tell that Ripper is scared. Which is understandable. This is also uncharted territory for me too. I've never been pregnant before and it's scary to imagine. I don't know who Ripper will react or how to raise a child. It's terrifying.

Ripper: I'm going to get more food.

Ripper stood up and walked into the woods. Oh and speak of the devil, I feel it coming.

*Ripper's PoV*

My camouflage is a potent weapon. It may not actually kill, but with the right positioning and practice, I'm more then invisible, I don't exist until it's too late. I found a group of deer and camouflaged. As soon as they knew I existed, I had killed 2 deer. The others ran off as I walked off with the two dead deer. I arrived back at the cave and realized that Blue was standing. She hasn't done that in a month. I quickly ran over with such joy I dropped the deers I was carrying.

Blue: Whoa, Ripper. You came out of nowhere.

Ripper: Sorry.

She walked past me towards the deer and started eating.

*20 Minutes later*

Whoa, she ate a lot. A whole deer and some of the other one. She must be very hungry from being sick. She then turned to me.

Blue: You good?

Ripper: Yeah, sorry.

Blue then looked back at the cave.

Blue: Follow me please.

I followed Blue to the cave and on a pile of sticks she made was a white rock.

Ripper: Huh, what's that?

Blue: It's an egg.

Ripper: What's an egg?

Blue: It's what babies come from.

Ripper: Cool. Where did it come from?

Blue: I made it. That's why I was sick for a while.

I turned to Blue with a look of shock.

Ripper: I'm sorry, but what?

Blue: I know. I should've told you from the beginning. But I didn't know how you would react.

Ripper: Well what in the hell made you want to make this egg?

Blue: You.

Ripper: I'm sorry what?

Blue: It's hard to explain.

I signed, as she looked away in shame of what was going on. I walked over to her and sat down next to her.

Ripper: Blue.

Blue: Just let me sleep.

She then laid down next to the egg and curled her tail around the egg. I sat down at the entrance of the cave looking out to the woods. A baby, never thought something like this would happen to me. I looked back at Blue. She's not wrong about one thing. I have no idea what to do about this.