dear diary

luz POV

Eda made me help her get trash out from a carcass...again. Honestly by the point I should get used to it but I still hate doing it.

"Eda!! I'm going to use your shower!" I yelled as I walked up the stairs, into Eda's room. Her shower was the only one in the house and to be honest it stank, plus it had feathers everywhere. I turned the water on, taking off my clothes that had stains on it from god knows what.

I got out of the shower and put on my fresh clothes that consisted of a purple crewneck and my plaid pj shorts. Yawning, I walked out of the bathroom and saw Eda standing by the door, waiting to go in. She was covered in the acid the animal decided to throw up. "Took you long enough" Eda said, rolling her eyes and walking in the bathroom. "Luz wait"
I stopped and looked behind. "Can you grab my clothes? I put them on the chest in the other room and forgot to get it" Eda then closed the door in my face.

I sighed and walked to the room next to hers which was her very own junk room. Like if the whole house wasn't her junk room. I bent down and picked up her clean PJs, walking back to the door when I saw the chest was slightly opened. "Eda won't mind if I take a peek..after all I did help her raid an animals dead body.." I whispered under my breath, trying to justify what I was about to do. I kneeled down and slowly heard the chest creek open.

To my surprise there was nothing but a bunch of junk in it. I sighed and was closing it til I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I reached down and picked it up.

It was a picture of Eda blushing and this other person with teal hair. They looked to be around my age. I smirked and shoved it in my pocket, I will be using this for blackmail.
I quickly closed the chest and set Eda's clothes on the edge of her nest. Walking out, I shut the door and went into my bedroom. I took the photo out of my pocket, and slipped it in my Hexside uniform since tomorrow I wanted to show Amity and the gang it.
——
iris POV

I had done absolutely nothing today. I slept in til 1, then I was in my bed, scrolling on pensta until 4pm when I decided to get up. I put on my slippers and walked down to the kitchen, seeing a note on the counter. I picked it up and read it,

gotta work til late tonight. i'm so sorry iris. i love you thiiiiiiiiiissssss much. -appa <3

I rolled my eyes and put the note down. Of course they were working at the castle literally everyday they were. I poured a bowl of 'ghool loops' and started eating them while walking over on the couch. I turned on our big screened orb and started watching a random show that was on.

I got bored fast, turning off the orb I went to put my bowl in the sink. I sighed and walked back up, passing the music room. I saw the notebook that I was reading yesterday. It took all of my strength not to make it float over to me, but it didn't work. I floated it over and shut my bedroom door. I hopped on my window sill and started to read it. The front of the notebook was green, and said "MATH" in all bright colors. I'm guessing Raine wrote that so nobody would suspect anything.

I opened the notebook and started reading it.

"dear diary, it's been 5 days since I realized I liked her and now thinking back on it, i liked her the whole time we've been friends. I would (not knowing) make flirty remarks to her when i first met her at 14. I felt this attraction i never felt before but I thought maybe it was just because i had a friend. it was the only friend i had so ... it was normal. right? WRONG. very very wrong. I just can't help but wonder if she thinks the same? does she like like me? UGH I HATE THIS but i —— her"