convincing

iris POV

"Mr. Carmen?" I said as I knocked on his door,
cracking it open.
"Come in" he responded. I walked in, standing not knowing where to sit.
"You can pull up a chair to my desk" He said.
I did what he told me and I sat down.
"What's up Iris?" he said while shuffling paperwork. "I wanted to talk to you.." my voice drifting off.
"About what?" he stopped moving his hands and looked up.

"I was wondering..if somehow you could convince the class to preform their songs in front of the school?" I asked softly not knowing what he'd say.
"Like a pep rally?" he asked.
"Yeah exactly!" my voice got more confident.
He started thinking for a second. "I don't know if I could force anyone to do it but I'm sure I could convince students.." he said thinking out loud. "Why do you want to do this anyways? I'm surprised that the shy and quiet Iris wants to preform in front of the whole school" he said in a sarcastic tone.

"Well I just thought it would be a good way to showcase the Bard Tracks skills and abilities" I answered him. He nodded his head, "Now that's some top student thinking right there!" he said smiling. "You'll have to talk to Bump to see if he can even arrange it"
"I'm going to him after this I just wanted to see if it was even possible to get the students involved" I explained.
"Well you better get going before the bell rings" he shooed me off and I started to walk to the Principals office.

"Principal Bump?" I opened his door and saw him turning around.
"Iris Whispers! What brings you here? Anything troubling you?"
Teachers would always be nice to me since Raine was the head witch but honestly I didn't mind it made my life easier.
"I just had a question"
"Well then come sit!" he pointed to the chair in front of his desk. I sat down and crossed my legs.
"So what was your question?" he asked, sitting down as well.

"I was hoping that we could do a pep rally of some sort to show case the Bard Track" I said smiling, trying to convince him.
"I'm afraid that's not possible"
"Wait why?" I asked, straightening my back.
"If we did that every track would want to have a pep rally to 'showcase'" he responded to me, putting his hand in the other.
I sighed, then looked down. I could weaponize Raine being my parent for once..

I looked back up and put on a fake smile. "Actually, I told Raine this plan and they said it was a great idea!" I watched as Bumps eyes started widen at the thought of Raine.
He stuttered, "Oh really?" he asked, genuinely.
I nodded my head. "Yeah! They even said they would pay you 100 snails to rent the gymnasium"
I could see thoughts run in his mind, then coming up with an answer. "When would you want this pep rally to be?" he asked.
I grinned and crossed my arms. "Tomorrow. If you could send out an email to everyone and their parents to come, that would be awesome!" I said, this time actually smiling.

Bump nodded his head in agreement. "It may look a little bland...do you have any decorations?" he asked me.
"I can see what I can come up with, but if I can't find anything may I use the banners and balloons from grom?" I asked him politely.
"Of course!" he replied quickly with a smile.
"Great. I'll be back later this afternoon to check in and tell you how everything is going" I stood up, grabbed my backpack and shut the door.

holy shit why was i so good at that

I was waiting by my locker for Luz, before the first warning bell rang. I saw her walk up and smile at me. "How did it go?" she asked, nudging me.
"Bump was convinced. Same as Mr. Carmen" I said smirking. "NO WAY!" Luz exclaimed excitedly.
I nodded my head and then she hugged me. I hugged her back and I asked her if she knew any illusionists that could do the sets while people preformed to make it 'pop'.

"You bet I do!" she led me to an illusions classroom and pushed me to these green haired twins.
"Hey cutie, who's this?" the girl one said, looking at me. I gave a small shy wave then answered her "I'm Iris"