getting ready

I woke up at 7 just so I'd have time to get ready. Principal Bump said it was okay to not wear our uniforms for the people who were preforming. I put on the outfit that I said I was gonna wear yesterday, which consisted of dark blue highwaised jeans and a red tank top to show Bard pride. I did my hair in two low space buns then pulled out some hair to make it look better. I put my earrings in then walked downstairs.

I saw that Raine fell asleep on the couch from last night. I got myself a bowl of cereal then sat down next to them. They opened their eyes slowly, registering what was happening. "Hi sweetie" Raines tired, raspy voice said. "Hi Appa" I smiled. "I'm leaving in 10 minutes by the way.." I said to them. "Okay" they started shutting their eyes falling back asleep. "Wait before you go to sleep" I said, putting my hand on their shoulder, "Can you be at Hexside around 8:45? The show starts at 9" I asked Appa.

They hummed in response and I got up, setting the orbs alarm to wake them up at 8:15. I walked back up to my room and brushed my teeth then did my makeup. I put on teal eyeliner on my waterline, trying to match Raines hair. I then curled my eyelashes, put on mascara and some tinted lipgloss. I grabbed my electric guitar and bookbag, putting one on my back and one on my stomach. I walked back downstairs, opening the front door and shoving my foot in my chunky platformed boots.

I arrived at Hexside, kinda chilly since I didn't have a jacket to cover up my arms. I saw Edric and Emira and started walking over to them. "Its looking good" I smiled, looking up at the red banner that said, "Bard Pep Rally"
both of them dusted their hands off then looked to me, hands on hips. "Wow look whos all dressed fancy" Emira said, looking at my outfit. "People preforming dont have to wear our uniforms today" I eyed them, "Sucks for you two though" I said in a cocky, smarts ass voice. They rolled their eyes then asked me to unlock the door to Hexside.

I pulled out my key and opened it, letting them finish decorating.
"Iris!" a familiar voice called out. I turned around and saw Luz in a jean jacket that had no sleeves, then a red cropped long sleeved shirt under it and baggy high waisted black jeans with docs. She threw me Edas grudgby jacket and I put it on, it was a bit big so I'm guessing Eda was taller than me when she was 14.

"Oh em gee I love your eyeliner!" Luz said, looking at it closer. I pulled out an eyeliner stick I had in my bag. "Lucky for you I got some to put on you" I said, waving it in her face. "Follow me to the bathroom" I walked up the stairs, opening the doors and seeing that the hallway to the gymnasium was already decorated with red balloons, garland and a banner that said "Let's go Bard!"

Luz and I took a left then ended up in the bathroom. "I got orange eyeliner" I said then gave it to her. "Orange?" she questioned me. "Yeah! Raines hair is teal while Edas hair was orange" I explained.
"Ohhh. Wow your attention to detail is great" Luz said as she looked in the mirror and pulled down her eye a bit to put it on like how I did. "You want mascara?" I asked. "sure" she responded doing her other eye. I put it on the counter and looked at myself in the other mirror.

"I can't believe I'm going to preform in front of the whole school" I said, starting to realize what I'm about to do. "Nah don't worry about it! If anything they should thank you because you're letting them skip their classes today" Luz started saying as she put on the mascara. She took a step back to look at her creation. "Is it clumpy?" she turned towards me. I shook my head "No it's good"
Luz handed back my makeup and I put them in my bag again.

"Let's go see if Edric and Emira are almost done" I suggested as I opened the door walking out, Luz following me. I saw the gymnasium bleachers folded out along with with a whole bunch of seats on the floor, and it was decorated.
"You weren't kidding when you said you guys worked fast" I said, looking around.
"Do you need help with moving the mic and equipment on stage?" Luz asked as she saw the boxes. They shook their head, "nah we got it" Ed said, climbing up on stage.

I heard someone walk in and saw it was Principal Bump. I quickly got out the money I put in my backpack last night so I wouldn't forget it. I handed him the sack of snails. "Here you go" I smiled. He took it from my hands and said thank you. His eyes gazed down to my jacket. "Is that Edalyns grudgby jacket?" he said, almost laughing. "I don't know what your talking about" I replied, obviously lying. He chuckled then said that other Bard track members were waiting in the hallway to go backstage. "Thanks for letting me know I'll let them in soon"
"No problem" Bump said, turning around then walking to the door.

"Emira!" I called out. "What's up Whispers?" She responded back. "You guys got my list yesterday of what the lighting should look like for each song right?" I asked her. "Yeah! Your class is very picky" she yelled out from the stage. I waved then looked at Luz who was sitting down on one of the seats.

I sat down next to her, "What's wrong?" I asked. "Huh?" she looked up and realized I was sitting there. "Oh sorry I zoned out it's way too early for this" she laughed. I heard more talking out in the halls, then asked if they were done setting up. The twins gave a thumbs up and I went to go open the doors.

I started letting people in that were performing, telling them to go backstage and wait for their name to be called. "How will our stuff go on stage?" one of them asked. "Emira is taking care of that, I said pointing over to the twin. They nodded and I watched as everyone brought in their instruments with them. My heart sunk. The drums! I turned to
Luz and started panicking, "Luz I didn't bring the-"
"It's fine Mr. Carmen is letting me borrow his set. I doubt you could've brought them here anyways." A sigh of relief came out of my body.

Everyone was now backstage and ready. I looked down at my watch that said 8:57am. My heart started beating faster, realizing it was almost time. I quickly pulled out my scroll texting if Raine was here. They quickly responded, saying they were in line. I took a deep breath and walked up to the stage, asking Edric if he could open the doors at in 2 minutes. He nodded and walked by the doors.

Walking backstage, I looked at Luz and she was hyping herself up, then hyping me up. I smiled, trying to warm my voice up and heard shuffles of people walk in. It was go time.

-