Chapter 4

Don't be confused, this chapter is written in Sev's perspective during the first day but then, in the end, it will be written in your Pov.

Another year, another term and another pain in the ass for Severus to endure. He was sitting in the farthest seat with a glass of wine in his hand. Chatters were scattered around the hall as the sorting began. Students were sorted into different houses, and of course, he would clap only if the student was sorted into Slytherin.

As the first years were finally sorted, a teenager who was ready to be in her seventh year was called by McGonagall to be sorted with her held high but he could sense how nervous was the girl. He could see it, the way her fingers shook with nerves and her eyes shifting nervously. Severus only rolled his eyes in hopes of getting a decent seventh year.

But as soon as the girl was sorted into Y/H, that's when he clearly saw her. A small smile was dancing on her lips as she made her way towards her house table, her housemates were clapping for her, easing the nervousness that was clouding her senses the moment she sat on the stool. There was something in her smile that intrigued Severus.

He could tell that the girl was confident.

___

Walking down on his way out of the Dungeons with his large strides, Severus could not help but feel the bubbling anger inside his chest. Potter has managed to escape his wrath on the very first day of class and what's worse was when he bumped into two persons, books went sprawling all over the floor as the girls went falling with their asses first.

Severus luckily had managed to balanced himself, anger blazing in his dark eyes once he looked at the girl who had an annoyed look on her face.

The moment she opened her mouth, that's when Severus knew that she'll be living her life in Hogwarts as worst as it could get. He could not believe it, no one has dared to talk back to him, not even the Slytherins who he always favours.

But at the same time, he found it amusing.

But there was something, something intriguing about the girl, her sassiness and calmness that mixed with her aura was somehow enthralling, her confident behaviour had struck something inside him like a lightning in the middle of nowhere.

It wasn't something he could tell in the blink of an eye.

But her cheekiness did not excuse her for giving the class tons of assignments on the very first day. He watched as she ate in the Great Hall with her friends, with who she seemed to be arguing, only her friend who seemed to be sharing the same confidence with her was the one who was smiling.

Poking the roasted potato and bringing it to his mouth, he watched as they finally stopped and eat. She looked peaceful whenever she was eating, and it was something he would like to see from her every time in his class, not her rude expression.

"Have you had L/N this day?"

Minerva asked, pulling Severus from his trance as she sipped her wine, a small smile was plastered on her lips.

"Yes,"

Severus answered without looking at the old woman who seemed to be happy about the transferee.

"Quite a smart student, isn't she?"

She said, nudging the potions master who only rolled his eyes in annoyance. There was no lying when Minerva said that the girl was smart, but Severus would rather give the Gryffindors 5 points than compliment the girl who was so overconfident with herself.

"Unfortunately, that girl made a fool of herself inside my classroom, Minerva."

He retorted, making the old woman stared at him in disbelief. It was no secret that the girl had managed to get onto Severus' nerve during potions, it was rather amusing for all of the professors and the students.