Chapter 23

"I- I love you." The moment Betty said those words, your mind stopped and your eyes seemed to water more, even Alia was speechless from her confession and you couldn't help but to only shut your mouth.

"I never thought it would end this way. I swear I never wanted anything like this to happen." She explained, her voice quivering as tears were streaming down her face like a river.

"I thought that if I tell your parents about it, you will stay away from him." Her words sent your anger ablaze and if it wasn't for your self-control, you would have strangled her from here and there.

"But I was so wrong, so, so, wrong and I hope you could forgive me. It was just my jealousy eating me up."

"Why? Did you expect to buy forgiveness? Or did you expect that you could find a forgiveness that easy, Betty?" You asked, you were no longer crying as anger fully consumed you, the once sadness and misery in your eyes vanished like a bubble in the air.

"What you did wasn't forgivable, you have ruined every relationship I have." You stated, your eyes felt like daggers as you look at her forget me not blue ones and it made the girl more terrified of what you could do to her.

"Hurt me," she commanded as she gripped your hands tightly but you only glared at her from her attempt to gain your wanted forgiveness.

"Do you think I am that low to hurt such an animal like you? Or do you think that low of me?" You inquired but after a moment, Betty did not answer your question and the otherwise silent hallway that was growing too small for you felt like it was choking the three of you and you know you will not last long in there anymore.

"I wish we had not met each other, I could have had a better life here rather than endure this torture." You mumbled as you walked past her, your hands harshly yanking your hands off of her.

"Good day." You said as you walked up to the stairs, your boots were making such harsh noise as they ricocheted on the ground with each step you took.

You did not even notice that Alia was following you as you were busy pondering with your thoughts, your fingers ran through your hair from frustration, your breathing was ragged at the thought after thought that swam inside your mind with no sign of stopping.

This day couldn't get any worse surely, you have had enough to endure in your life and it was such messy damage caused by heartache and betrayal. At this point, you don't know where to lay your trust, it felt as though everything was just gone with the waves and into the deepest and darkest part of the ocean where the sunlight couldn't reach its depth anymore.

Your world has crumbled into sharp pieces, each shard causes your heart to bleed and your eyes to release such acid rain that fell upon your beautiful face and you don't even know even if you can handle another heartbreak anymore, but now, you were numb to the bones that there's no amount of bricks and stones could hurt you as you get used to the feeling, but still, the aching in your heart will only grow more into something so unbearable.

"I'm sorry, " said a voice behind you, the person was hesitant to reach you at first, but you could sense the courage she took for herself before she put her hand above yours that was gripping the railing tightly as you watched the sun painted the sky with its amber hues.

"Alia, I should be the one saying it since I have pushed you away." You stated, your eyes were no longer fixed on the sun that was saying its goodbye as it let the moon take over the world.

"I pushed you away without knowing anything." As you said those words, Alia only pulled you close to her body and embraced you to a hug you've been longing to feel for so long.

''It's alright, a person makes a mistake and a person forgives." She said as she rubbed your back with pure gentleness, her voice was laced with sincerity that you felt safe and secure around her.