Chapter 11- Let it go

Jan was staring at Sanem like he was in a dream. He pinched himself to cross-check reality and there he was, sitting before Sanem preparing to marry her cousin sister.

Actually,Jan was to get married with Sanem. And Emre's alliance had came for Leila. But Leila's mother was a cunning woman. She had digged out their information and from the source she knew Jan was the head of their business owning a share more than Emre did. Plus,he was much good looking and tactical then Emre. So,she swiped the alliances.

Leila excitedly whispered,"Isn't he cute?I think I already like him!"

Sanem was in a daze. Hearing her words,she was dragged back to the harsh reality. She observed her cousin's face that glowed at the sight of Jan.

Why was destiny so humourously cruel?

This man was supposed to be her husband. She had given him her everything. If things had been better then they would have ended up being a full fledged couple.

Jan still carried that anger in him for Sanem making him suffer through all those days. Sanem secretly prayed that he better breake the alliance and refuse to marry her sister. But making things worse,Jan stated,"I like her. I agree for this marriage."

Everyone present there squeled in joy except Sanem who felt someone nailing her heart. To stand it further he continued,"Leila will make a good wife. I have always searched for a partner like her. Today my search came to an end."

He was a master in playing with feelings. Jan observed her face which had turned pale as if she would break out anytime. His heart rebuked him for being a fool. He wanted to take her in his arms. He had the chance to make everything right. But he still remembered how Sanem had kicked him out dumping his emotions.

'You said you hate me. You said you don't want to see my face. Now I will give you what you wanted. I will completely erase you from my life. Sanem Aydin,from today and now itself I am a stranger for you. Even if you try to come to me being dawned by self realisation I won't accept you back."

Sanem could see him totally ignoring her presence. He was laughing, cracking a joke with Leila letting her sit beside him.

"Miss Sanem,are you fine?,"Emre's voice reverted her to the present. Everyone was suddenly looking at her including Jan who appeared blank.

She fixed her hair trying to force out a smile,"Yes.........I am alright. Just the heat is unbearable!"

"But Sanem the cooler is running. How do you feel hot when we are frost bitten?"

Sanem was baffled. She knew she messed up. It was wrong for her to show up for this marriage thing and accept her Baba's word. She should have rejected it but everything went in water when her father started being emotional. Sentiment was something she couldn't resist. And now she was done!

"Exc-use me,"she stammerred walking back upstairs. Jan smirked at her condition. He knew exactly why she was behaving so strange all of a sudden.

'You will regret everything Sanem. Just wait and watch.'

Sanem stood under the running shower trying to compose her nerves. Her whole body was shivering like she was thrown into the arctic. How was she supposed to tell Leila the truth? Everyone would accuse her for fabricating against Jan. She was in a deadlock situation. She could try to act tough but somewhere her soul still loved Jan. It wasn't easy for her to forget him. She covered her face breaking into tears.