Chapter 12-Sickness... something's wrong?

"So,the wedding date is finally fixed!"

Leila groaned plopping on the bed. She started with the wedding thing and how she had to shop a lot. Sanem stayed silent slurping the bowl of noodles she had prepared. She was coldly having down everything she brought showing no but of interest in Leila's conversation.

"Oh Sanem come on say something!I am nervous. So must be you!But you find those noodles more important than our marriage!?And please get a grip on your eating habit. You will look bad. You need to groom yourself to look perfect on your special day. Isn't it?"

Sanem stopped. Fiddling with the food,she finally decided to open her mouth,"Leila,if I say you that Jan Divit is a playboy with a loose character will you stop this wedding?"

Leila stared at her before breaking into a heaps of laughter. Sanem sighed knowing her attempt was a failure.

"Playboy?Sanem you have a huge sense of sarcasm!I pretty much know him now. He is sincere. How would you expect a playboy to handle a million dollar business? Seriously......oh he is calling me. Gawd I freaked out,"saying Leila went running to the balcony to talk with Jan. Sanem observed her being so happy and smiling like a crack head. Jan Divit surely had gotten under her cousin's skin. She still hesitated to tell her the full story. But before that she had to mend her distorted health. She had been puking a lot lately. Last night she got up at 3 to vomit out her stomachs content. She felt sick and heavy. Something wasn't right with her. She felt fatigued most of the times.

The wedding was getting closer. Preparations were made in a full scale. Sanem's condition was worsening. She couldn't focus on the mess anymore. She had given up on quest to break the marriage and let everything go with the flow. This was intriguing Jan. He wanted her to show up on his door and have a huge round of fight with him. To scream at him and scowl at him. But instead of that Sanem appeared weak,lost and unaware of his presence. Was she actually planning to marry his brother?His fist clenched at the thought.

Leila forced Sanem to go on a pre-wedding shopping. She hauled at every single sections whereas Sanem stayed glued to the food stalls. She was binge eating herself due to stress and accelerated hunger strike. She felt as if she looked liked a drum. She checked her weight which had come to an overwhelming 53 kg from 45. She was in pure devastation mood.

Slowly,the auspicious day came knocking on the door. Sanem was feeling blisy from the last night. She could see darkness before her eyes. Everything was going to ruin in her life and above all the nameless disease that had nestled in her body wasn't improving either.

Beauticians came and groomed both the sisters. While Leila looked agile,bright and cheerful Sanem seemed to be the opposite. She had lost that fuel to enjoy her last moment.

Jan watched her walking down the aisle like a dead body. He tried to search emotions in her eyes but she was blank. He fisted his hand. He couldn't digest the idea of letting her in his brother's arm. He was boiling in rage. But it was his idea to punish Sanem. Now the tables had turned.

Suddenly Sanem fainted crushing on the soil. A wave of whispers broke throughout the crowd. Before anyone could react Jan was already before her kneeling on the ground,"Sanem open your eyes!"

Leila and Emre stopped dead on their track when they watched him going berserk for an unknown woman. But Jan was consumed by worry and self loath. He almost broke down having her in his arms,"Damn girl what's wrong? Somebody please call a doctor."

A woman appeared from the crowd reaching to Sanem. "Calm down mister,I am a doctor. Please let me do my duty."

Jan watched her checking up Sanem as he prayed for her recovery. It was his fault. He was a dick to her for a mere reason. That too was justified. Je should have acted matured and sorted out everything. It was his fault that Sanem was in this condition.

The lady doctor checked up Sanem thoroughly. A cloud of darkness hovering on her face as she looked at Jan.

"She is expecting."