-Faded Memories - Lynxkit's Question-

Lynxkit yawned and stretched her tiny pink mouth agape, "goodmorning my dearest, sleep well?" Lynxkit looked up to see her mother; Junipercloud, smiling down at her. Lynxkit nodded, "Can I go play with Leopardkit and Foxkit now?" she asked hesitantly. Junipercloud thought about this for a second before responding, "let them have some time with their mother for a second why don't I get you something to eat?" she asked trying to change the subject. Lynxkit thought for a moment and nodded "I don't want milk though can I have some of the prey you eat?" Junipercloud laughed "I don't see why not- but just to make sure I'll consult with Pearleaf to make sure it's safe for you to eat prey now." Lynxkit smiled up at her overprotective mother "Ok, but I want to eat soon so can you please hurry?" she asked a little pleading. "You stay put in the nest I'll be right back- don't go anywhere until I say so." Junipercloud said hesitantly before adding "Oh and I almost forgot Meadowlark can you make sure to watch her just until I get back?" Meadowlark looked over at Junipercloud's kit and nodded "of course" she purred.

"I'm back dearest!" Lynxkit heard her mother say. "What is it?" Lynxkit asked hesitantly staring at the small plump animal her mother had brought in the nursery, it's long tail and ears creeped her out. "It's a mouse dear. They are rather abundant especially during Greenleaf." Junipercloud answered her daughter, before taking another look at her bewildered face, "it's ok you can eat it, it's good I promise." The she-cat said with an amused purr. Lynxkit stared at it for a moment longer before hesitantly reaching down to take a small bite out of the strange mouse creature.

"Wow! It IS good, I think I like mouses more than milk." she said staring back at her mother. "In two moons you'll be an apprentice and you can catch your own mice." Junipercloud responded with a purr before gently licking Lynxkit on the head. "I'm gonna be an amazing hunter and hunt YOU a mouse!" she said with a grin. Out of the corner of her eye Lynxkit saw Leopardkit and Foxkit playing together and remembered why she was eating in the first place, "Junipercloud, can I go play with Foxkit and Leopardkit now?" she asked. Junipercloud smiled and nodded "of course just remember no claws and don't leave the nursery!" she yelled after her.

"Hi, Lynxkit do you wanna play Badger Attack with us?" Foxkit said padding up to the younger kit. Lynxkit nodded "sure!" "Ok, Leopardkit's the badger we're the warriors and are gonna try and attack her." Foxkit said with a grin. "Roar!" Leopardkit said running after the two she-kits, they squealed and ran faster. "Your supposed to try and attack me!" Leopardkit said with a smirk, "then stop chasing us!" Foxkit protested. Leopardkit slowed down "fine! Now you guys try and attack me." she said, Lynxkit jumped onto her and softly bit down onto the older kit's ear. Foxkit ran up to Lynxkit and followed suit tackling Leopardkit and kicking at her with sheathed claws. "Ok, ok you win!" Leopardkit said defensively "if I was a warrior I'd be the greatest ever!" she boasted Foxkit nodded "and I'd be the greatest medicine cat ever!", Lynxkit frowned "are you sure Foxkit you don't seem to like herbs all that much."

Foxkit shifted uncomfortably and was about to protest when Rivershadow; Leopardkit and Foxkit's father walked in. "How are my little warriors!" He said with a grin walking towards his mate. "Rivershadow!" the kits said in unison running up to their father. Lynxkit watched longingly at the two older kits before returning to her mother's nest, "Junipercloud?" she asked curiously. "Where's my dad?" she asked. Junipercloud looked around uncomfortably "your father wasn't in ForestClan or LakeClan." she said thoughtfully "he was a rogue and he had the most handsome fur you'd ever seen. He was so kind and so caring." she said whistfully. "But sometimes things don't go out so well. When I told him I was expecting he...he didn't want to be apart of my life anymore or yours." Junipercloud finished looking down at her crestfallen kit. "Oh, dearest I'm sorry-" her mother said soothingly. "Don't worry Lynxkit I'll never leave you. I will always want you and you will always be my sweet kit." she said sweetly a small purr rumbling in her chest as she laid down next to her kit.

"I'll never leave you Lynxkit, I love you more than anything."