And they just kept coming...

As Valkyrie and Skulduggery jumped out of the Bentley, voices hissed from the bushes of the ruined castle of Serpine.

Immediately sparking a flame in her palm, Valkyrie's eyes scanned her surroundings. Her eyes knew the familiar building, as cold sweat dripped off her forehead.

"We see you," a voice hissed loudly from behind some broken rock, "We see you very much."

"What are they?" Valkyrie asked Skulduggery.

"Tortured souls," Skulduggery replied as one jumped from its hiding spot, swiping at her protective clothing as burning rotting flesh smell filled the air as Skulduggery burned the corpse's back.

It howled, immobile from the pain, as Skulduggery burnt it alive.

Valkyrie focused on the air shifts as she lifted her palm backwards, intercepting one of the zombies in its chest. Blood curdling screams rang as many more zombies seemed to get closer and closer.

"Just great," Valkyrie mumbled.

"Hush now my friends," a man seemed to have stepped out of nowhere, the shadows curling around him like the sun. Valkyrie's eyes zoomed in on him, her flame only sparking brighter as Skulduggery brought out his gun.

"Necromancer," Skulduggery commented, as the man's lips curled like a tiger ready to murder. The man stepped closer towards them, as they both took a step backwards.

"The Great Skeleton Detective and his partner," The man chuckled, "It's a pleasure to have finally of met you."
"Are you the one that did this?"

Valkyrie asked as the man burst out with laughter.

"You think it would be this simple?" The Necromancer smiled brightly, "You come here with your little friend, beat me up then I tell you whose really behind it?" The necromancer clicked his tongue in disappointment, "I'm here to tell you that you may want to check China Sorrows."

"He's nuts," Skulduggery commented, "Let's check out this place."

"Your pretty wife is back," The necromancer sing songed behind them.

'Oh no,' Valkyrie thought as Skulduggery turned to the necromancer, cracking his knuckles. Stepping closer to the necromancer, a harsh fire sparking in his hand, Skulduggery cracked his neck.

"You resurrected Anastasia?" Skulduggery asked as the necromancer shrugged.

"I would be very, very careful of China, Detective Pleasant," the necromancer disappeared into the shadows behind him, causing Skulduggery to roar.

"Get back here!" Skulduggery shouted, running at the shadows and smashing the wall behind them.

"Skulduggery!" Valkyrie yelled as he kept smashing the obliterated walls, "Skulduggery!"

"What?" Skulduggery snapped.

Valkyrie spun him around, wrapping her arms around his skeletal frame tightly. He seemed to relax to her touch, as she buried her face in his chest.

"What's going on with you?" She whispered, "I don't get it anymore with you."

"Neither do I."
-------------------------------------------

Anastasia smiled wickedly as she stuffed her broken hands into her crumbling pockets. Her dead eyes wandered around, as she raised an eyebrow.

"So this is the house of the Zombie King," She scoffed loudly, shaking her head out of the refrigerator van, "What a joke."

Her foot steps were light as her slowly rotting ears heard the sweet sound of shouting.

"You are useless!" A grumpy voice came through the door, "Absolutely useless."

Closing her pale eyelids, she swiped the air, opening up the door viciously. Immediate screaming came straight at her as she pushed the air, sending her backwards on to a high roof top. Crossing her arms, two rotting corpses came into the dim moonlight, ready to strike.

"I'm the Zombie King!" A severe bad looking man declared as the other zombie ran into front of him, "Show yourself!"

"Up here boys," she smiled at him as the two zombies looked at her.

"Run away Master!" The pathetic looking one shouted as the Zombie King smacked the back of the other one's head. "I would protect you."

"You can't protect anything," The Zombie King snapped as Anastasia laughed.

"I heard you know the address of the skeleton detective."

"And?"

"I want you tell me."

"Not interested in telling you..." The Zombie King yelled as a flame sparked behind him, making him cower like a child. "Okay, Lady."

"Finally," she smiled, "I'll finally see you again."

Hey everyone. Thanks so much so far for your comments and votes. If you like it vote. :) till next time.