Killer on the Loose

Jacky Pleasant loved just loved murder. His tired old bones lived for it, his rotting flesh felt it, his once dead heart now beating its unearthly call. The sheath beat against his leg like a drum as he walked swiftly into the deep forest.

Everything had changed since he last walked on the battlefield. The pine trees had grown tall and vicious as the earth was moist under his feet. Animals scurried through the dense forest while the wind raced past his broken face.

His toes squashed the earth is excitement as he laughed like an old man telling a story. He felt alive...

"Hey, stranger," a young man yelled as Jacky raised an eyebrow at him, "What are you-"

The man began screaming as the man fell on his back in terror of Jacky. Jacky stepped closer, a devilish smile plastered on his face as he drew his sword. The man stared for a moment, then burst out crying...

"I have a family," the man begged pathetically, "My wife-"

"Do I look like I care?" Jacky grinned at the man, swiping at the man's chest. Blood spurted as Jacky let out a cackle. The man howled as Jacky put his foot on the man's neck, crimson blood fell from the wound as Jacky looked like a predator. "Where's the nearest town from here?"

"5 miles-" the man choked like a dog on a chain.

"Thanks," Jacky hissed.

The man screamed some more but his cries were cut off abruptly. After disposing the body like a rag doll, Jacky moved onwards, always keeping an eye on his back.

-------------------------------------------
"You saw Jacky?" Ghastly Bespoke, elder of Sanctuary pondered miserably as Skulduggery and Valkyrie stood around him. Their eyes narrowing down like hawk's as the scarred bald man raised an eyebrow at them.

"Yes," Skulduggery mumbled.

"That poses a problem," Ghastly muttered as he wrote down on a piece of paper.

"He has changed?"

"He wants to kill me," Valkyrie said quietly as Ghastly muttered darkly and closed the piece of paper.

"Jacky Pleasant, he took after you Skulduggery," Ghastly smiled darkly, shaking his head and cursing to himself, "A skilled Adept."

"How come you guys never mentioned before?" Valkyrie asked as Skulduggery turned his back, "Oh..."

"Anastasia attacking China, Jacky attacking Valkyrie," Ghastly muttered angrily, "Whoever behind this... I don't see their goal."

"Jacky said I let him die," Skulduggery said, his voice low.

"You didn't want him to die, he was a soldier, a killer," Ghastly reasoned as Valkyrie noticed Skulduggery fists curl.

"He was still my son."

"War was war Skulduggery, every side lost people."

"I could of helped."

"No you-"

"I could of helped!" Skulduggery roared like a lion, smashing the nearby wall, crushing it into a million pieces. Skulduggery walked out, muttering angry things to himself as Valkyrie sighed loudly.

"I don't understand Ghastly," Valkyrie confessed quietly. The older man stood up and put a gentle hand on Valkyrie's shoulder. Biting her lip to dull the pain, she shook tears from her eyes.

"If you truly care about him, you'll let him calm down."

"Okay."
--------------------------------------------
"Are you okay sir?" A worried bar tender said to Jacky, as he gulped down a drink.

"So this is the pathetic mess Roarhaven became," Jacky chuckled as the beer poured out from a hole in his chest, "400 years is a long time."

"I'm going to have to ask you to-" the man shouted as Jacky twisted the bar tender's arm against the man's back.

"Leave? Don't mess with me Sir..." Jacky hissed as one of his ears fell off, "I need a new body..." Jacky trailed off, as a man came up behind him.

Electricity crackles in the bigger guy's hand as Jacky crossed his arms.

"You think that's scary!" Jacky sneered, turning around.

"You are a zombie?" The man stared wide eyed.

"You don't look familiar," Jacky drew his rusty sword and pointed towards the man, "Get out of my way."

"You work for that ScapeGrace!" The man yelled.

"Who?"

"You zombies are all alike! Come here, begging for your Master's bar back!" The man raged. A simple swipe of Jacky's sword sent the man's hand flying to the other side of the room.

The man screamed as blood spurred freely. Jacky shook his head, "I don't know what you are even talking about. I think you might have me mistaken for someone else."

Jacky walked out of the bar, cold air hitting his flesh harshly, causing him to shiver. It didn't matter though. He needed to find a new body.

Thanks so much so far for your votes and comments. I appreciate it. Vote if you liked it. Till next time...