Sticks and Stones

Valkyrie raised an eyebrow at the chasm below her boots. Rocks with jagged edges sticking out like a sore thumb lined the edges at the pit as the dark swelling pit occurred in the centre. It reeked of death. Her ring cold on her finger loved it.

"How many bodies do you think are down there?" Valkyrie asked Skulduggery who was standing beside her.

"I saw 542 men being thrown to their deaths in the days that Serpine killed me," Skulduggery muttered, "A lot."

Howling screams came from below as Skulduggery shook his head in sadness.

"Skulduggery?" A voice from within the darkness beckoned, "Skulduggery Pleasant?"

"Who is it?" Skulduggery roared as Valkyrie remained quiet.

"It's me," the voice seemed childish, quiet and manipulative.

"Probably a trap," Valkyrie mumbled as they began to walk away.

"I can't believe a father doesn't even recognize his own son's voice," the voice seemed closer now as Skulduggery was stopped dead in his tracks.

"Jacky?" Skulduggery yelled as they turned back. A corpse was on the edge now from where they stood. His dead black eyes were wild, his short jet black hair a mess, he looked barely eighteen but his corpse appearance was slowly rotting mess. "Jacky?" Skulduggery ran towards the corpse as Jacky remained quiet and unmoving.

"You two left me to die," Jacky drew out a sword from its brown leather sheath behind himself. Rust had crept into the sword, turning it a rusting red color.

Skulduggery stopped, "We didn't."

"I spent two weeks in agony, dying while splattered on a rocky," Jacky hissed in anger, "I've been waiting for the day, I would turn you into dust," Jacky pointed the sword towards Skulduggery.

"Skulduggery is a skeleton," Valkyrie said as Jacky smiled.

"You aren't," and then the corpse ran.

Valkyrie narrowly missed the swipe of the sword, as Skulduggery lunged for him. Jacky sent an elbow straight into Skulduggery's back, sending him flying into the rough earth.

Valkyrie ran but Jacky quickly caught up, sending the rusty blade into her shoulder. Crying out in agony as the blade was jerked out, she collapsed on the floor.

"So your the little things supposed to replace us," Jacky jeered at her, as Valkyrie tried focusing but a quick jolt to her skull by his rotting foot caused her to lose focus.

Suddenly, Jacky was sent flying across as Skulduggery chased after him. Fire blazing in his hand brightly as Jacky landed on one of the walls, clucking his tongue in disappointment.

"You let me die," Jacky hissed, putting the blade back in its sheath, Jacky looked straight at Valkyrie. His eyes blazing as he laughed, "Now I'm going to take the love you love most."

"Your crazy," Skulduggery yelled, "The Jack I knew was kind... Caring, not this..."

"Guess what Daddy, " Jacky twisted his lips upwards, "400 years is a long time and some people just happen to change." Jacky directed his direction towards Valkyrie, "Get out while you can little girl, I don't like killing the innocent."

And with that, Jacky disappeared.

"Bastard," Skulduggery muttered loudly as he leant out a hand. Picking Valkyrie up, Skulduggery placed her gently on the ground.

"He's your son?"

"Amazing isn't he," Skulduggery joked, "I don't think things can get much worse." The phone buzzed and Skulduggery answered, he raised and eyebrow then sighed loudly, "Things just got worse."

"What happened?"

"My dead wife just attacked China." And with that, they walked back into the Bentley.

Things are getting heated. Vote if you liked it. Thanks so much for your votes and comments so far :)