Till Death Do Us Part

Valkyrie knew something was odd when the door was opened by a fraction. As both Skulduggery and her stood outside the little house Skulduggery called home, they looked at each other.

"This door wasn't closed last time I checked," Skulduggery mumbled darkly as he drew out his gun.

Valkyrie felt the air currents shift inside the house. The reeking smell of death filled her nostrils, making her gag as they slowly walked inside the house.

All the objects seemed to be there. The wonky picture Skulduggery had in the dimly lit hall way, the rotten food in the kitchen. Skulduggery put a gloved finger to his mouth as they heard squabbling in the lounge room.

"Why are you doing this?" Valkyrie recognized the voice. The Killer Supreme turned Zombie King... Vaurien Scapegrace.

"Maybe I want to say hello," She didn't recognize the woman's voice but Skulduggery flinched like a broken man.

"Your crazy!"

"Am I?"

"Who ties up the Zombie King and waits in the den of your enemies!"

"He's here," the woman purred like a cat, "After 400 years Skulduggery, do you think I would forget your sense..."

Skulduggery walked into the lounge room, revolver at the ready, as Valkyrie stayed back behind the wall. Her breath seemed non existent as her gaze remained low, she felt exhausted for some reason.

"You're alive," Skulduggery hissed, his gun never faltering at his dead wife.

"And you're a skeleton," she chortled loudly. Dirt streaked blonde hair stood up like wild fire as her smile curled like a snake, "I've missed you."

"You died Anastasia," Skulduggery's voice broke, "Your not meant to be here."

"Get me out of here!" Scapegrace thrashed ferociously but his arms were chained painfully behind himself.

"Is that any way to greet your wife!" Anastasia yelled madly, kicking Vaurien in the shin, "Is that who you love!" Valkyrie felt the air move around her, binding her and picking her up in full view, "I came back from the dead to see you, and that's all you can say."

"It's been 400 years, I had to let you go," Skulduggery said in sadness, "I saw Jacky. He's mind is gone."

"Let me go!" Valkyrie spat.

"What are you talking about?" Anastasia asked.

"Jack was resurrected..." Skulduggery's voice sounded choked, "But... He's not the person he was darling, like you aren't. We can help you."

"You can't help me," Anastasia muttered darkly, dropping Valkyrie to the floor like a rag doll, "No one can help a corpse. This was a mistake."

"Anastasia-"

"China was right," Anastasia said, running a hand through her hair, shaking her head and letting out sobbing sounds, "I've lost my husband to some young pretty girl!" Anastasia screamed angrily, tears flowing out like waterfalls.

Valkyrie scrambled to her feet and ran behind Skulduggery. Anastasia snarled at them.

"It's all your fault," Anastasia spat at Skulduggery.

"How is this his fault?" Valkyrie yelled angrily, sending the room to silence, "He tried helping you in the past, if you just would-"

"Quiet!" Skulduggery shouted, pulling the trigger back and firing on Anastasia.

Anastasia was sent flying backwards, clutching her abdomen, as Valkyrie stared in shock.

"You leave me no choice Anastasia," Skulduggery said bitterly. Anastasia slowly got to her feet, a sharp glare in her eyes, her fists curled into a bright flame.

"I loved you..." Anastasia cried, a fleshy piece of her neck falling to the floor, "I loved you... Why don't you love me back?"

Skulduggery remained quiet while Valkyrie watched in awe at it. Anastasia brushed herself off, flame extinguishing as she did.

"I really thought we had something Skulduggery," Anastasia sighed as she grabbed Scapegrace by the neck, "I guess you just play every girl, don't you?"

"Anastasia-"

"Shut it," Anastasia laughed darkly, "I hate men like you."

"Don't leave me with her!" Vaurien whined loudly as Skulduggery stood in Anastasia's way.

"You can't expect me to leave you like this."

"I'm pretty sure I can manage," Anastasia spat angrily.

"I have to take you into custody."

"What are you going to do to make me? I haven't even seen you for 400 years yet your manners are still horrible."

A crack to Anastasia's neck, sent her plummeting to the ground, knocking the corpse unconscious as Valkyrie gave off a satisfied smirk.

"Did you have to do that?" Skulduggery said shaking his head, and grabbing Vaurien Scapegrace.

"She started it."

Hey everyone. Thanks so much for your votes and comments. I always appreciate it. Please vote if you enjoyed it