Fire

Sanguine never asked to follow the dead man. In fact, he hated it but his lady love had asked him. Only reason that stopped him from trying to slash the corpse to pieces.

They knew this man was dangerous. Son of the legendary Skulduggery Pleasant, and in his own right, he was a lot more dangerous than his father. Deadly. A throat slitter. A slaughterer. A killer. Sanguine admired him for that, making his own name in the short time he was alive.

Hiding behind an enormous monument, just outside the cemetery. Sanguine watched the dead man settle down for the night. The moonlight illuminating the broken patchwork face, as the tomb stone behind the man looked like a hard pillow. Jack Pleasant looked pleased, wiping his hands on the tattered clothes.

Sanguine moved silently towards the man, keeping in with the shadows as the man seemed unsuspecting his visit. The moonlight illuminated the man's rotting face, like an unflattering light. Sanguine was use to death, but that was just ridiculous for hi.

Stunned, Sanguine reached for the razor, only for a cold hand to reach for his wrist. The force jerked Sanguine forward, sending him off balance.

"Do you really think you can sneak up on me?" The voice snarled crankily, jerking his wrist downwards. Sanguine roared with rage, twisting himself as the corpse jumped backwards, "What do you want?"

"Just a chat," Sanguine muttered darkly, bringing out his razor. It gleamed under the cold moonlight, "Until you turned it into a fight."

"Sorry," Jacky chuckled, rotten gums gleaming dark black, "Being thrown to your death does that. So what on earth do you want with me?" Jacky let Sanguine go, sending him tumbling to his knees, cursing his unfortunate luck with this corpse.

Sanguine stood up, checking his sunglasses and straightening himself out, "I come here with an offer."

Jacky raised a cold, smashed eyebrow, "An offer?"

"You hate the skeleton detective right?" Sanguine asked.

"With every cell of my dead body," The corners of Jacky's mouth curled causing Sanguine to step back a moment. The hatred radiated off the dead man like the sun, "What's the plan?"

"Do you know how you got here?"

Jacky remained silent. Sanguine had seen all sorts of crazy. That jumper from England, Dusk the blood sucker, his own father he had seen. But this one was different...

"No," Jacky's voice was soft, dark and brooding, "What about it?"

"Don't you want revenge?"

"Get to your point."

"I have an offer," Sanguine took out a small slip of paper out of his pocket, dirt had stained it dark, "My employer wants you to work with him."

Jacky took the slip of paper and opened it. His eyes lit up like the street in darkness, "Well... This is tempting."

"I'm glad you like it..."

Hey everyone. Hoping you liked the chapter. Thanks so much for your votes and comments. Hope you enjoy it. And vote if you liked it