Part 4: more than friends

It's been about a week since I found miracle. She is caring, funny, sweet, and sometimes dorky. It's been a very rare experience taking care of her. An now i wanted to ask her something.
-----------//-----------///-------------/----
We were laying about a foot away from each other in the cave were I found her. Miracle's gashes were healed and her wing was still a little sprained. "Miracle?" I took a deep breath, letting out a little smoke. Miracle perked her ears and looked at me. "Yes, Exalibur?" Miracle said. "I was thinking... Since we known each other for a long-" miracle cut me of by pressing her cheek against mine. "That we could be best friends?" Miracle exhaled. "Um... More then friends, maybe?" I softly growled. Miracle's eyes widened and she grew a smile on her face. "I... I would love to, Exalibur." She smiled, and pressed her body close to mine, and rested her head on my paws. I layed my head ontop of her and fell asleep.
-------/---------------//---------------///--
I woke up and fluttered my eyes open. "Good mor-" I jumped back when I realized miracle wasn't there. I sniffed the ground if she went out for some reason. But her scent wasn't there. I flew out the entrence and stoped in midair. I roared to see if she wound answer. I heard a soft roar back. I dive-bombed to the ground. And what I saw was a pitch black night fury, darker then my mother. "Exalibur! He-" miracle was cut of my the night fury snapping his jaws. "Shut up!" He growled. "Who are you?" I showed my teeth. "Good question. I'm shadow, the Leader of the black claw pack." He chuckled. I tilted my head. "Black claw pack?" I snarled. "What is that?" I kept a close eye on shadow to see if he would harm miracle. "You see, it's a pack that is at war with your side of the valley, the night warriors. An ancient night fury, half white and half black, split the world of our kind into two, the night warriors, your half, and the black claws." Shadow explained. "Your kind is a variety of coulors, and our kind is pitch black." He continued. I stood, frozen to the spot. I shook my head and showed my teeth. "Why. Are. You. Attacking. Her." I growled. He chuckled. "She is my daughter." He walked closer to me, almost head to head. I gasped. Miracle got up and dipped her head. She lifted it once more and met my eyes. I could tell she wanted to be with me. And I will fight for her. Until the death. I turned to meet shadows eyes. I spread out my wings and roared. "I will fight. For her."