Prologue

Our story starts long ago. Well, "long ago" doesn't even really begin to emphasize how long ago we are speaking of. For a hobbit long ago could be a few years and for elves long ago could be thousands of years, but we are not looking through the eyes of any hobbit or elf. Our story starts in a time of myth and in a land of legend.

       Long before Middle-Earth was like anything you've seen or heard of today it was nothing more than a small island called Britannia. Britannia, for the most part, was a peaceful land. Wars rarely showed face and when they did they never lasted long. Magic was thriving and so were the people. The Holy Knights protected the people honorably, and the Kings ruled wisely.

       Among these knights were a select elite few that were called The Seven Deadly Sins. They were the strongest and most talented knights Britannia had to offer. Each bore a mark of a beast: Dragon, Serpent, Fox, Grizzly, Goat, Boar, and Lion. Each one of them a different race: Demon, Giant, Fallen Human, Fairy, Doll, Mage, and Human. Who were they? What were their names? They were known as Melodias: Dragon Sin of Wrath, Diane: Serpent Sin of Envy, Ban: Fox Sin of Greed, King: Grizzly Sin of Sloth, Gowther: Goat Sin of Lust, Lady Merlin: Boar Sin of Gluttony, & Escanor: Lion Sin of Pride.

       One day ten powerful demon elites known as the Ten Commandments, that had previously been defeated once before, regained their power and came back to Britannia followed by an army of lesser demons, numbering to hundreds of thousands. The Sins and warriors of all races fought bravely, but in the end, they lost and the sins along with a small group of unfortunate others were turned to stone, sealing them away forever.

             Well not forever, or else we wouldn't be able to tell this story now, would we?

       Millions of years have passed, and over time Britannia lost its magic, and its races evolved to adapt to the change. While men stayed the same, old races became new. Fairies lost their flight and became known as elves. Giants grew exceedingly smaller and fled the mountains, now known as dwarfs. Still, in this changed world, now called Middle-Earth, new life came about in the form of Hobbits; or as some call them Halflings or little folk. As heroes fade to legends, and legends fade to myths, the sins and early races of Britannia were condensed to nothing but children's stories.