Chapter 4: The Misty Mountains' Cold

Over the next few days, the sins got ready for their journey to Mordor. Everyone had their clothes patched up and restored to their original glory except for Elizabeth who took up Legolas' previous offer to get new clothes. She requested a black, turtleneck, leotard with black thigh-high socks, black flats that had little pom-poms (like Tinkerbell), and black, opera-length, fingerless gloves to go with. Ban just got a new jacket; no one knew where from since he didn't ask for one, but they just went with it and didn't bother asking.

After getting their clothes fixed up the sins went to train in the field. Most didn't have their weapons, but even without them, the present members of the fellowship could see the raw power of these strange people. Merlin knew that the sins trained hard and often destroyed things when they sparred. So Merlin put them in a large perfect cube. Legolas would often sit and watch the 7 of them train.

At the moment he was watching Diane and Ban train. He watched as the Great War Hammer Gideon come down on Ban squashing him underneath it. Just as the hammer started coming down the hobbits came to see what was going on, and they had the misfortune of seeing this act play out.

Multiple gasps were heard between the hobbits. Legolas just sat and watched Diane lift the war hammer and watched Ban regenerate.

"That was rude," Ban said to Diane while he sat up.

"I only did it cuz it was necessary to win," Diane sassed back as the perfect cube disappeared.

Of course, they could not hear what the two were saying since they were a ways away. Legolas watched as Ban and Diane made their way to the group.

"Hey, Legolas, hobbits" Diane said as she plopped onto the ground.

This was the first time that the hobbits had even seen Ban 'die and then come back to life so, to say the least, they were a bit confused.

"But your friend just got squashed," said Pippin horrified. "And now he stands there as if nothing happened"

Ban just shrugged and walked away from the conversation. He wanted to go see Meliodas and get information about this 'One Ring being destroyed'. As Ban walked down the halls of Rivendell he saw Aragorn passing by. Ban grabbed his arm and looked down at him. Aragorn looked up to meet his eyes.

"Have you seen the Captain?" Ban asked as he let go of his grip on Aragorn's arm.

"I don't see how that child is a Captain, let alone why you respect him so much," Aragon said back to him, rubbing his arm.

Ban looked at him with a horrifying glare, and if looks could kill Aragorn would be dead where he stood.

"That's not what I asked. I'll repeat myself one more time. Have you seen the Captain?"

Aragorn pointed in the direction of where he saw him last. Ban thanked him and began on his merry way, but after a few steps, he stopped.

"Hey," he said, getting Aragorn's attention. "If you ever speak badly about the Captain again, It won't end well for you."

Ban did eventually find Meliodas. When he did Meliodas was looking at a map in one of the many gardens. Meliodas sat there turning the map every which way trying to figure it out. Beside him stood Elizabeth and beside Elizabeth was a sleeping Hawk.

"Hey, Captain. Hey, Princess." Ban said, greeting the two before sitting on a bench.

"What are you up to? Looking for some alone time?" Ban teased.

Meliodas looked up at him and put the map down.

"Looking for the best route to get to Mordor." He replied