6 Strange Encounter

—•
The events of Sunday morning could not have been anticipated. Kit is disturbed in her sleep by a warm, steady pressure on her chest. Cracking open her eyes to what is suffocating her, she is able to analyze it as a heavy, fluffy black pillow.

Confused, she reaches her hand to touch it and eyelids quickly open to reveal two sparkling golden eyes staring back at her. Reality dawns on her as she connects the dots. "Yoongi!" The feline had curled up on her chest, his head facing hers. He yawns widely, baring his teeth for Kit to see, as he hops off and stretches beside her on the bed.

"Meoww." He vocalizes and rubs his body along her side. Kit sits up and checks her phone which displays the time as 7:54.

"Weird, I must've slept through my alarm." Kicking off her covers, Kit observes the room for Hobi. He is nowhere in sight as she exits her bedroom to see him curled up and sleeping in the hall next to her door. Quickly sensing her presence, he awakens and stands to greet her.

"Ruff!" His tail wags behind him excitedly as he sniffs at Kit. She picks Hobi up and takes him into the living room to sit together on the couch. She sets him down but he quickly jumps off and begins yelping insistently, pawing at the door.

"Oh? Need to go outside? Need to go potty?" Kit opens the front door to let him out, allowing him to relieve his bladder.

"Meow. Meoww!" Yoongi turns the corner and enters the room just as Hobi steps outside. Kit approaches the feline, leaving Hobi to find a small patch of grass within the complex.

"Hmm." Avoiding shutting the door while Hobi is outside, she attempts to pick up Yoongi so she could take him out too. Lifting him up, the cat squirms and wiggles his body uncomfortably to try and escape her grasp, clearly disliking the situation. "So that's a no on being picked up." She lets him get away and leaves him indoors, grabbing a plastic bag and slipping on shoes to join Hobi outside, the door shutting behind her.

The sun, still low in the sky, keeps the temperature cool as Kit rubs her bare arms to keep warm. Hobi happily runs around and sticks his nose into a small patch of grass before raising his leg. Noticing Kit's gaze, Hobi stops before he relieves himself and runs around some more until he finds a place to hide just out of sight of Kit.

She realizes what he's doing and giggles at his actions. A minute passes as he appears again, running happily towards her. Before they head inside, she goes to pick up his waste and throws it into a nearby trash bin.

Inside, Yoongi is found curled up on the couch, seemingly having fallen asleep. Hobi follows after Kit as she walks to the kitchen, not resisting the urge to pet the sleeping cat as she passes him. The refrigerator door swings open as Kit reaches for some eggs. She pulled out the final three and prepares breakfast, making sure to cook the eggs thoroughly for her furry guests. Eggs get set onto plates in uneven portions and two are placed onto the floor in the kitchen. Hobi quickly chows down as Kit fetches Yoongi to eat, or at least make sure he is aware of the food.

Yoongi refused to budge so he was left on the couch. Returning to the kitchen, Kit grabs her plate and sprinkles some pepper on it. Looking down, she notices Hobi finishing up his food as he laps at the floor, having scattered his food from the flat plate.

"Hmm... I should get you a proper food dish, and some proper food." Kit leans on the counter and squints at the microwave clock, the numbers glow: 8:27. "I could stop by the pet shop today." She pulls out her phone and confirms the location. "Oh! It's really close to the dog park!" Hobi's head shoots up at the mention of the park and his tail begins wagging quickly. Kit's giggles fill the room as she moves to get ready for the day.

Now clean and dressed, Kit grabs her keys and Hobi to head to the park; Yoongi still sleeping soundly on the couch. The two spend about half an hour there as she lets him release some energy before continuing their journey to the pet shop.

The store's doors slide open as Kit walks in with Hobi, she spots shopping carts and places him into the child seat of one. Strolling down the isles, Kit tosses whatever she thinks she would need into the basket. "Collars, leashes, food dishes, toys, beds, treats, litter box..." She mumbles to herself as she reviews the items in her cart. Pausing to think, the feeling creeps up on her as though she was forgetting something. She holds onto the cart with her eyes closed while Hobi quietly looks up at her. A frown forms on her face as her brows furrow and frustration begins to arise.

"Collars, leashes, food dishes, toys, beds, treats, and a litter box." She repeats, softer but sharper. Minutes pass as she stands in an aisle with her eyes shut in frustration, trying to search her mind for the missing item. The world seems to disappear around her as it is just Kit and her mind in total darkness. Searching and searching, annoyance turns to irritation as she begins to lose hope. However, finally-

"Ma'am?" She is abruptly jolted out of her mind by a light tap on her hand followed by a cough. Kit's eyes fly open and to the place she was touched. Taking in the scene before her, a large hand is held stiffly over her own with the middle finger slightly extended down. Her eyes trail up the toned arm as she notices the sleeves of a long undershirt pushed up to just below the elbows of the arm. A nametag is pinned to the short sleeve uniform shirt over his heart and just at her eye level. Making her way up to the body's face she halts, staring at it.

Wow.

He has soft, warm eyes that seem to look right through you to your core. His hair is dark brown with strange patches of black; it's pushed back messily with a few strands loosely falling over his eyes. Small, silver hooped earrings dangled from his ears, adding a youthful attractiveness to him. The man's sharp jaw led to his dimpled cheek, currently brought out by his full, plush lips getting pulled into a thin, awkward smile. While Kit is lost in his enchanting features, a raised fist slowly covers it.

"Ahem." The man cleared his throat, once again bringing Kit back to reality.

"Sorry...uhm..." She leans forward slightly, focusing her eyes on his nameplate. "Nom...jone?" The worker's eyebrows crease together and mouth falls open as he takes a moment to process the name just spoken.

"It's pronounced Namjoon." He corrects her with polite assertions.

A mild red dusts Kit's cheeks at her mistake. "Oh, sorry. Namjoon." She whispers the correct pronunciation to herself and looks down to pet the top of Hobi's head, standing awkwardly as the worker doesn't say anything more. "Actually, Is there something I could help you with?" She asks, hoping to get back to what she was trying to remember. Looking up at him, she sees him looking down at Hobi before snapping back to attention.

"Ah... I just need to access the shelf behind you to restock." His deep, husky voice permeates Kit's mind as a slight familiarity strikes her. Where have I heard that voice before? She thinks to herself. Rather than paying attention to his words, Kit listens to his voice as he continues. "It's been a few minutes and you weren't moving with your cart in the middle of the walkway. You looked pretty deep in thought so I apologize for startling you." She doesn't respond to his apology, not even processing the phrase. Feeling slightly awkward, Namjoon's eyes dart down to Hobi who is looking between the two adults from inside the cart.

"That's a cute canine." He says unexpectedly. With the odd use of the word 'canine', the dots connected in Kit's mind.

"Oh! I remember now!" A smile spreads across Kit's face, happy to have finally made the link. "You're the man working at the animal shelter, the one who helped me adopt Hobi!" Namjoon stands wide eyed in front of her, mouth slightly agape. He is visibly surprised that she recognized him, but amused at her adorable excitement.

"Haha," He chuckles, his voice revealing a slightly raspy quality. "Yeah that was me. And he seems very happy with you. You named him Hobi?" A soft smile spreads across Namjoon's face as he reaches a hand out to pet the top of Hobi's head. However, Hobi surprisingly retaliates with a bark and low growl as he scrunches away.

"Grrrrr." He bears his teeth, clearly disliking the man before him.

—•
Sorry for being late! A few unexpected problems occurred :(
But... I am now unpublishing all old chapters!!

Updates may become unpredictable but I can promise that the more support I receive, the sooner you'll get new chapters.

Thank you !