018

summers hands shook. she couldn't tell if the texts were a joke. several thoughts ran through her mind as she tried to figure out what to do.

is this real?

how did he find my number?is he actually contacting me about Rylee or does he just want to know about my mom? why is he just now texting me?

summer panicked as she screenshotted the texts and sent them to her best friends.

HOTTIES (+ matt)

sunny

guys
*insert image*
what do i do.

summer then remembered matt was in the group chat, which she regretted.

lily
holy fuck.

sunny
yeah. I'm freaking out right now.

chris
has he done this before?

sunny
no i haven't heard from him since i was 6, that's why I think it's serious.

alahna
where are you

nick
yeah you shouldn't be going through this alone.

sunny
Mcdonalds parking lot.

lily
come here, ill help you.

matt
jesus guys its 4 am wth do you want

alahna
read the room asshole

matt
oh
fuck.

sunny
guys wtf do i do

lily
come to my house
alahna is already here

sunny
k.

nick
KEEP US UPDATED.

sunny
okay
ily nick

summer now sat on the floor of lilys bedroom with lily and alahna, calling the man who told her he was her father.

"hello?" summer said into the phone after it stopped ringing.

"hi summer," the man said back.

it was true. it sounded just like Bradley. she couldn't tell that it wasn't him if it was.

"what do you want. what is going on." she asked, everyone's heart pumping fast as they listened to the phone on speaker.

"its rylee. She's got a rare disease that is killing off her bone marrow and in turn, killing her" he spoke, summer and her friends gasping when they heard it. summer was shaking more now, scared for her sister.

"what?" summer asked, tears in her eyes.

"she doesn't have much time."

"what can i do?" summer asked, trying to clear her throat but failing.

"she needs a transplant but i can't give her any of mine because male bone marrow isnt compatible for women. only you or your mother can be the donors." Bradley spoke, shocking summer.

summer took a second and blanked. she had no clue her sister was still alive until 15 minutes ago. now she was talking to her father and her sister was dying.

"i want to pay for you and whoever you want to come to vermont to do the transplant. i know you probably never want to talk to me again but i want to be your father again." he added, you could hear the tears in his voice. "at least do the transplant. meet your sister. or dont. just please, dont let me lose her." he begged, bringing summer back to reality.

"ill do it. send me the details." summer said before hanging up. she was numb again but the girls next to her had a face of shock.

the numbness went away when summer hugged her 2 friends, melting into their arms and beginning to sob.

"my baby sister is dying,"

hours later, summer was sitting in her living room with her mother and stepfather, explaining the situation. the triplets, alahna, and lily all stood in the back of the room, letting the family discuss.

"let me get this straight. your father, whom you haven't heard from in years, suddenly wants you to skip school to donate bone marrow to your sister, whom you also haven't seen in years?" David asked, trying to understand. shianne was also listening, but she didn't care either way.

"yes. i know it sounds crazy but its my sister. I have to," she answered, tears falling.

"okay. but be safe." dave agreed, to which summer and him stood up and hugged.

"you shouldn't be going alone. you're getting surgery, you're going to need help" lily protested as she watched her best friend pack a bag in a rush, the rest of the group standing in the room, agreeing with lily.

"listen. I'm not letting you guys skip 2 weeks of school just so you guys can babysit me after surgery. plus. if my father turns out to be the asshole i think he is, i dont want you guys around that. no one should be around that." summer answered, shoving clothes into her bag.

"exactly why you shouldn't be. please, just let someone go. whether its me, alahna, nick, or fucking matt for fucks sake. just don't go alone." lily begged, summer not looking up at her. summer stopped aggressively packing and stood up, finally looking lily in the eyes.

"lils i love you, but no."

751 words

liz speaks!
another short chapter ik
but this is suspenseful and needs several chapters.

qotd: what year are you graduating
me: 2026