60

𝙂𝙊𝙊𝘿 𝙂𝙄𝙍𝙇𝙎! 𝙣𝙘𝙩 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢

tw brief mentions of suicidethis chapter is kinda crucial to yuns background so pls try not to skip if u can

this chapter is kinda crucial to yuns background so pls try not to skip if u can

nervous was definitely an understatement. the driver couldn't help but gaze at the front view mirror every 2 minutes to see yun chewing at her finger nails like no tomorrow, a slight yet prominent panicked look on her face as she glanced out the windows.

the man played it safe and didn't mutter a word until they reached their destination, pulling up to the big house she grew up in and stepped out of the vehicle practically trembling. they brought in her few bags together and when the sound of faint footsteps traveled their way, he gave a reassuring smile and mouthed 'good luck' before leaving.

of course yuns mother stood tall and mighty, hands clasped together over a smooth black skirt and painted red lips that didn't dare go over her lip line. a mere stare from the woman was intimidating enough, but knowing there was animosity behind it only made it more uncomfortable.

yun swallowed, eyes flickering between her parents without a word. she couldn't decide if talking first was the best idea. "i'll bring your bags upstairs." her dad finally spoke up after moments of awkward silence.

before the younger could protest and tell him she could do it herself, he was already gripping the handles of her bags and pulling them away from the thick tension that only grew thicker when they were left alone.

that moment yun wished she tried harder to keep it all a secret from her parents. it sucked having to constantly live up to expectations that she worked her ass off to uphold, getting stripped of her entire childhood in the process, but at least before they had somewhat of a relationship. it wasn't perfect, one-sided most of the time when really the only time they'd bond was when yun was showing her mother a straight A, or certificate of perfect attendance. never when it was something she was truly excited about.

it wasn't much, but it was something.

"your grandparents want to have dinner tonight, so you should go upstairs and get ready," her mother said, eyes glancing everywhere in the room to avoid eye contact with her daughter.

"okay.." yun dragged, "can you at least look at me?"

she could visibly see her mother gulp, a light sigh blowing from her nose when she felt like she had to confront their problem. "i said what i had to say, yunyeong."

"right, but you didn't really say anything that made sense. you can't actually be mad at me for... for living my life like a regular person?"

"i'm mad because you think you can just go around acting like a child after you worked your ass off to get where you are." her mothers voice raised in the slightest, her eyes finally connecting with yuns.