104

𝙂𝙊𝙊𝘿 𝙂𝙄𝙍𝙇𝙎! 𝙣𝙘𝙩 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢

"so, what was the punishment?"

"got let off with a warning," ren replied, lowering her laptop screen to lock eyes with yun across from her, "surprisingly. apparently crying and begging does work."

yun let out a breathy laugh, "master manipulator at its finest."

"mhm. how's it going with you and jaemin and haechan? i see you guys talking normally in the groupchat again."

hearing the two names caused yuns heart to skip a beat, she didn't know if it was both of them or just one, and she didn't wanna think about which one specifically. "yep... haechan and i hung out the other day."

ren gave a dramatic gasp, "did you? really? what did you do?!"

"don't think dirty, you freak. we just talked and smoked, nothing crazy. like how we used to. and it was nice, i didn't realize how much i missed it. we were friends before all this shit happened."

"that's true. but don't blame yourself, alright? you're working on yourself and fuck anyone who tries to get into the way." the friend replied, having a certain person in mind as she spoke.

the younger felt her heart clench, looking up and getting ready to thank her best friends for the words until she spotted someone in the café that happened to look at her at the exact same time. "oh fuck me i just made eye contact with hyunjin."

"what? where?" she didn't wait for yun to answer when she whipped her head around to search for said boy.

she hadn't even gotten to tell her to not look so obvious because he was already on his way towards them. "ren, i hate you."

"i knew you looked familiar from over there," hyunjin spoke, a small grin playing at his lips as yun forced herself to move the hand attempting to hide her face. it was far too late to hide now.

he looked pretty much the exact same since she last saw him just a couple months ago. his hair was only slightly longer, framing his face more but he was unfortunately still recognizable.

"so.. hows it going?" he asked, eyes awkwardly glancing between the two girls. ren couldn't have cared less about him.

she placed her hands on the table, sighing dramatically before standing up. "its going like it's time for me to go. class in ten. bye." and then she hurried out like her life depended on it.

the two pairs of eyes dragged back to each other once she was out of sight, yun mentally cursing her friend for leaving her alone in such an awkward situation. "how's everything been?" he asked.

"good! great, actually," she spoke as if it wasn't a complete lie, "what about you?"

"i've been fine. listen, i wanted to apologize for how we left things off. that was totally immature on my part and i'm not like that."