Chapter 35

Months had passed, Katsuki slept and stayed in Izuku’s room because Izuku wanted him to be with him all the time.
Katsuki woke due to the sound of movement in his room, his eyes fluttered open to see Izuku getting ready.

“Why are you getting ready?” Katsuki asked as he pushed the covers off him.

“I need to go and check something at our other warehouse, so I will be back here in three hours.” Izuku said as he kissed the tip of Katsuki nose.

“Make sure to call me.” Katsuki said

“Of course, go back to sleep now.” Izuku said as he put on his watch and left

Katsuki eyes shut as he fell into a deep sleep.

Katsuki heard a knock on the door and he got up and removed the covers from off of him. He opened the door to see Hitoshi with tears in his eyes.

“Did Monoma leave you?” Katsuki joked

“No, it’s about Izuku.” Hitoshi answered

Katsuki came out of the room fully, locking the door and folded his arms.

“What about him?” Katsuki asked

“Did you know how long you were sleeping?” Hitoshi questioned

“Katsuki, it’s almost night.” Hitoshi added

“You’re not answering my question.” Katsuki said

“Izuku got into an accident, his car went up in flames. It became unrecognizable that we don’t even know if Izuku body burnt to ashes. We put out a search party, but nothing.” Hitoshi explained

“Very funny, you know Hitoshi if you want you can be an actor because your acting skills are out of this world.” Katsuki said, he won’t admit his heart was beating hard against his chest.

He prayed that this was just a sick joke that Hitoshi made up because of how crazy he is.

“Katsuki none is here, my dad nor my brother. They all went to the spot they found Izuku’s car. Even Monoma told me not to tell you and just let you sleep because this was going to be a heart wrecking news. It’s my brother’s life and my sister-in-law feelings, I know when to play and when not to and Katsuki…what I’m saying is true.

Izuku’s dead.” Hitoshi said with seriousness

Katsuki could see his world crumbling as those words left Hitoshi’s mouth. It felt as if someone stab him continuously in the heart over and over again.

Everything Izuku did it was either heartbreaking, like when he hurt him with Hirito and Haru or when Izuku kept the fact that his family was the reason why his parents are dead. All Katsuki’s tear was because of Izuku and he knew it, his heart hurt because of Izuku.

In the end, what could he say, he chose to stay with him because he loved him. He saw how his parents fight and went back to loving each other the next day. He thought that was love…no, he knew it was love because love have its obstacle, it had its fight, but now the person he loves is dead.

It was just and assumption, he thought that maybe Izuku wasn’t dead. It hurted him, his heart hurt, his knees gave out and he fall to the ground.

“I want to see him.” Katsuki said as tears pricked his eyes.

Hitoshi helped him stand as they both walked out and was taken to the place where Izuku crashed and died.

It took an entire hour to reach there, When Katsuki got out his hands went up to his mouth as he saw the burnt car, the forensic and Izuku’s dad and Tenko along with Monoma. His body froze, he could see his brother coming over to him and saying something, but his voice sounded muffled and it felt like time became slowed.

Monoma tapped his brother shoulder’s making Katsuku jolt. Katsuki felt the urge to vomit, so he rushed over to the tree and emptied his stomach.

It felt real now that he sees everything.

“Oh my god Kat, are you okay?” Monoma asked as he soothe his brother.

Katsuki burst into tears making his brother arms.

“Izuku, he’s gone.” Katsuki mumbled

Hey you need to be strong for him and for yourself. I bet if he was still alive, he wouldn’t want to see you cry like this.” Monoma said as he kissed his brother forehead to shush him.

Both of the got up and Katsuki was offered a water bottle as he rinsed his mouth. He went over to Izuku’s dad and brothers and the forensic pathologist write down something onto the check board before making his wake to the family.

“I did some test and I would like to say that among the family here, I’m sorry for your loss. We thought that maybe he came out of the car and wondered around, but we found ashes. We can’t tell you if it is 100% Mr. Midoriya, but the door showed that it was jammed, so maybe Mr. Midoriya did get burnt and tried to get out of the car and it had problems for him to escape. My deepest condolences to you and your family.” The forensic pathologist said as he bowed before walking away

Katsuki cried loudly in his brother’s chest. Izuku was dead, the love of his life passed away. Monoma whispered sweet nothings into his ears, but he couldn’t tell Katsuki that it will be okay, he could never.

The sunset and everyone began to leave, it was quiet really quiet. No one dared utter a word, Katsuki eyes, cheeks and nose were ready for crying. All he could do was hoped, hope that maybe that body wasn’t Izuku.

Just this morning the both of them talked to each other and it hurt Katsuki because he never said I love you before Izuku left.

Now Izuku died without hearing Katsuki say I love you.

“I know we all need sometime to grieve, so I will get the temple ready for the funeral in two weeks.” Haishi said as he walked out the car, his son death hit him like a truck. It was as if became an emotionless robot, Katsuki also got out, but took his slow time walking in. Their room was filled with Izuku’s minty scent. He opened the door and plumped onto the bed. He inhaled the minty scent and began crying as he hugged Izuku’s pillow.