Chapter 36

A week passed and everyone was worried about Katsuki, he didn’t leave the room. Monoma would go and give Katsuki six sandwiches, which he only ate two.

He would lay on their bed and only remember the good days they had. Mina and Mirio also reached out to him giving their condolences, but was very much worried about Katsuki. He didn’t respond, a part of him thought that the reason for Izuku’s death was his fault, maybe if he started to love him more, maybe things wouldn’t have gotten this way.

The old Katsuki was back, the person who he tried to get rid of the most, the Katsuki that blames himself for everything just like when his parents died. If he didn’t ask his parents to go to the family cabinet maybe they would have been alive and well.

He stares went through the window, he could still feel the touch Izuku had left on his body, the soft kisses that peppered his skin. He began to cry again, he was drowning in his own self pity and he hated it, the only thing he did was cry and sleep. It was as if his entire body just wanted to lie down and not get up.

He always hoped that this was a long dream where as it taught him a lesson to appreciate the things you love before it’s too late and it’s gone forever.

He turned to Izuku’s pillow because it felt as if he was there with him.

“Zuzu, I really miss you, but I know you are happy.” Katsuki said

“But why did you had to leave? you said that I shouldn’t leave you, but you left first.” Katsuki cried.

He got up and went towards the balcony as the cold breeze touch his soft pale skin. The ground felt cold as he took his feet out of his slippers.

He wanted to end things, everything, he just wanted the pain to stop, but a part him wanted to continue to live for Izuku’s sake.

He put on his slippers and went back to the bed and waited for this misery to end.

Even if it was a life long-lasting scar. He opened the door and went into the living where he saw everyone.

“Kat, you’re finally out! I was worried about you.” Monoma said

“Yeah, I’m sorry.” Katsuki said

“You don’t need to be sorry; you are taking it harder than all of us.” Tenko said

“No, I don’t want to be the center of attention. Izuku meant more to you all as he meant to me.” Katsuki replied

“We’ve got everything organized already, so the funeral is tomorrow. I hope we can all be strong enough to send of our loved one peacefully. It is heart wrenching, I know.”  Haishi said

Katsuki stared into nothingness, completely blocking out everything that was being said. Monoma watched as his brother’s eyes no longer held life, the glow he had was gone.