Chapter 21- Helping Out

Hey guys I just got obssesed with No Control. I think it's really edgy and a really good song. Haven't dedicated in a while but this is dedicated to AngelCooper1 because she is just awesome. Here's chapter 21.

___________________________________

Recap

Lucy's POV

"I still don't understand why you wouldn't want to tell someone. Don't you want to get rid of him for good?"

"I'm just really afraid it won't work. That they won't believe me. And then what would I have to go back to?"

"Well, you're going to feel it sooner or later. To want to tell someone about what he's done to you."

"I want to, but I feel like I can't. I don't know. I just do."

"It's okay. Let's just go to sleep." he turns around and I do the same, sleep finding me quicker than it should have.

___________________________________

Lucy's POV

I wake up to water running. I look beside me and see that the bed is empty. Zayn must be showering.

I slide out of bed and check my phone. Crazy messages from Sarah.

SARAH:

Where are you?

Are you with Zayn?

Girl you better answer me.

I better not be ignored.

Lucy you have 10 seconds to answer.

Times up. You are in a heap of trouble when you come to school.

That is, if you arent too busy with Zayn.

I sigh. She really IS dramatic. Nonetheless, I decide to ignore her texts and just wait until I see her at school.

All of a sudden, I get an incoming text...from Claire.

CLAIRE:

hey where r u? Mom nd dad r really worried

I almost laugh. MY dad? worried? Please. Worried that I''l tell on him, sure.

I hear the shower turn off and I knew Zayn would be out any minute. I shut my phone all the way off and start panicking. What if my dad tracks me down by my number? What if he can search where the phone chip is located? I would be powerless to stop that from happening. And if I go back? I can't even think about what would happen. I don't know what to do. Do I get a new number? Or perhaps a new phone? But I don't have any money for that, and I absolutely will not ask Zayn for any more than what he's already given me. Maybe I don't even need a phone. Maybe I should just get rid of this one and be done with it. Like crush it, or throw it in water, something totally unrepairable and unfixable..

The bathroom door opens and Zayn comes out, wearing all black and his damp hair brushed down today.

"What's wrong?" he says, probably because of my face.

"My sister just texted me." I say in a detached voice. How was I gonna handle this?

"Your what?" he exclaims. "How come she chooses now of all days to text you? Does she know where you are?"

"No, at least I don't think so. I didn't reply, she was asking me where I went. She said..she said they're all worried about me."

"Lucy.." he shakes his head slowly, walking to sit beside me. "I don't really think that's true." My face felt hot and all over again I felt like crying. of course it wasn't true. Of course. "She may miss you, but I don't really think your parents do. Or, she may just be saying that for you to go home. I..." he sighs. "I don't really know what to say. This is just awful. You shouldn't have to be going through this."