Chapter 17-Compromise

Stockholm Syndrome is the new obsession. Totally love it. Here's another chapter.

____________________________________

Recap

Lucy's POV

Right then, a phone rings and Louis picks it up. It must have been his.

"Hello..." He looks confused for a moment, then his face gets pale with panic. "No! It doesn't concern you." He looks at Zayn quickly and they both seem to have a silent conversation because Zayn jumps up and grabs my hand, pulling me towards the door.

"C'mon, I'll take you...home." In seconds we are out the door and heading to Zayn's car, which was parked out front. He kept looking around, like maybe someone was following us. I didn't know anything that just happened back there.

"Zayn-"

"Hold on. Wait until we get to my house." In a matter of moments he was driving the car too fast down the street, towards his house.

I may not have known what was going on but I got the feeling he was on edge, and he wasn't about to talk about it or inform me why we left so quickly.

_________________________________________

Lucy's POV

I wish he would speak. We spent the whole ride in an unsettling silence. I still didn't get why we had to leave. I was actually having fun. No worries or anything like that. Then Louis gets a phone call and everything changes.

When we get inside the house, I notice a young girl with dark hair and her back facing us sitting at the kitchen island. Zayn tilts his head to the side, frowning.

"Waliyah?" The girl spun around and eyed me suspiciously before turning to Zayn with a bored expression.

"What?"

"What are you doing here?"

"No swimming practice today. Coach went into labor." she sighs, like this was a great bother for her.

"And Safaa?" Zayn asks.

"Mom and her are at a parent teacher conference right now." She looked at me again and opened her mouth to say something, but Zayn cut her off.

"I'll be upstairs." He says, pulling me up the stairs with him, fast. I hear the girl call up the stairs.

"Mom said to have dinner ready."

"Okay."

When we get to his room, his phone rings. He looks at it, then flings it across the room. It lands in a corner.

"Zayn?" He turns around.

"What?"

"What is going on?"

"I..." He looks around for a second, then sighs. "Nothing important..." he trails off, picking up his phone again. I don't think nothing important is going on, but I don't think he wants to tell me. His phone makes a beeping sound. Again. And again. And again. I decide to ignore it.

"So that's Waliyah?"

"Yeah. She's more.... intense, I guess, then Safaa."

"Can I go talk to her?" I was giving him time alone and he knew it. But he looked skeptic.

"She's really stubborn."

"I'll take that as a yes." I start for the door and close it when I get out. I can still hear the chimes from his phone, indicating he had a text. It was all so strange. Oh well, I thought to myself as I walked down the stairs. Everyone has their secrets. I sure had mine.

Zayn's POV

I feel like shit for lying to her. I always ask people not to lie to me, because I hate it. Here I am now, making up excuses for what I should have already told her. It's hard enough pretending like I'm not going to hurt her in anyway by this.

My phone chimes again and I pick it up in frustration.

ONE NEW MESSAGE

Matt:

Zayn, I feel ignored:( I hear that you're back, I came to personally welcome you, and then you disappear. Plus, I want to see this new girl of yours. Zack said she's a catch.

I ground my teeth together. I really hated this guy. He was my equal in my dad's number one rival gang. His dad leads a gang. My dad leads a gang. But we used to be friends.

My phone rings this time, and when I look at it, I see it's Louis.

"Zayn, Zack's here."Louis states angrily. "Matt came and said he wanted to talk to you, but when I told him you left, he skipped out. Harry's got a fucking bleeding nose. Apparently, he and Cameron have some 'unfinished' business, so they are currently fighting on our living room floor. I am two seconds- two fucking seconds- away from flogging Zack. It's crazy."

"I know, Louis, god, I'm sorry. I can't do anything without....." I pause. "Without making Lucy suspicious. I already feel like crap for not telling her."

"What? Lad, you can't tell her anything. Your dad wouldn't want that. Plus, what if she's afraid of us? Shit, hold on..." What he was saying was true. True, but also wrong.

"Louis..."

"You can't. Don't, Zayn. Anyways, I've got to go. But," he laughs suddenly. "Something tells me that she won't mind too much if she knew what we do." He hung up.

I didn't know what he meant by that last comment, but I do know that I was in a tough spot. Do I tell her, or not?

Sometimes I hate having secrets.

Lucy's POV

When I got down stairs, Waliyah was still sitting at the island, this time with several bottles of nail polish in front of her.

"Hey." I said, sitting next to her. She looks at me with a blank expression.

"What?"

"What are you doing?"

"Did my brother send you down here?"

I frown. "No, why?" she sighs, picking up a purple bottle and spinning it around.

"I'm deciding on what color to paint my nails."

"Cool. Can I do it with you?" She looks at me, surprised.

"Why would you want to?"

I shrug. "Seems fun."

"You're sure my brother didn't send you down here?"

"No, he didn't. He's just... doing something. Taking a call. I wanted to come down here." She seems to think about that for a moment. I pick up a green bottle and a neon orange one. "C'mon." I say, heading towards the living room. "I think this orange is better for you." She tentatively smiles at me while slowly getting up to follow me. I could see she was wary, but I wanted her to like me. After all, I was going to be spending a lot of time at this house.

________________________________________

What is happening? I made a decision, I am going to update every week from now on, so expect another update on the 17th, which is also St. Patrick's Day. Let me know what you think of this chapter and what you think I should add.

"Feel free to insult me, but you don't have the right to insult our fans."

-Louis Tomlinson.

Kisses♥♡♥

__Nia<3xx