Chapter 6-Nothing to Lose

Ok so I left you at a little cliff hanger, ending with a tiny bit of Zayn‘s POV. I know you all probably want to know Zayn’s thoughts. But I’m addicted to writing this book so…lucky you.Any ways, here is the 6th chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap

Zayn’s POV

I’m so confused right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zayn’s POV

One minute I’m downtown getting new license plates for my car, and the next I’m comforting a girl. I know I’ve never seen her before when I was here.

I’m not gonna lie: She was stunning. Beautiful, really. With long brown hair and bright green eyes, she looks better than any of the models on this stupid show she was watching. But she was broken. I noticed it the moment I saw her.

I honestly couldn’t believe she would take a ride from me. Considering how I look, most people would not even look at me. And I’ll admit, I wasn’t the nicest person to be around. I’m impatient. I have a temper. And I generally don’t like people, except for the people who really know me. Actually, people in general tend to piss me off with the simple, stupidest things they do. But I wasn’t about to just leave her there. Besides, she seems different. She took a ride with me even though she didn’t even know me. Like she had nothing to lose. That right there screams problem. “Okay, pull yourself together, Zayn.” I mumble under my breath. What do I do now? Ok, I know.  I’ll call Liam.

Liam and I have known each other since we were born. Our families have known each other for longer. We consider ourselves brothers because we share everything with each other and we’re really close. But then I left Bradford, and Liam’s family had to stay. That was 6 years ago and we were both 11. I had to help my dad and Liam was mourning because he lost his in a trade gone bad. We haven’t talked since I left and he has no idea I’m in Bradford.

I carefully transfer Lucy’s head from my lap to the sofa and walk to the side table in the hall, where I had left my cell phone. I dial Liam’s number. I can’t believe I still had it memorized.  After 4 rings, He picks up, out of breath.

“Hello, who’s this?” I hear his deep voice sound through the phone.

“It’s Zayn.” I wait for his response.  The line is quiet. Then all of a sudden,

“Zayn?! Zayn Malik?! Oh Zayn, mate, it’s been years. How have you been? The family? How’s everything in America? Zayn-” I hear him speak faintly to someone else.  “Yeah it’s Zayn. He’s calling from America. Yeah, I know it’s been what, 5 or 6 years? Yeah, I know, I know. Yeah he’s still on the phone. Well okay, then.” He speaks to me again. “Zayn, Zayn you still there?” He sounds excited.

“Yeah, I am. How’s everything, Liam?”

“Oh, nothing much, just on my lunch break. Thank goodness, or I would have missed your ca- hey, why are you calling? Is everything okay over there? Did something go wrong with the trades?”

“No. Well a new deal came up. No, wait, a ransom. It’s got me stressed out. But I called because I’m no longer in America. I came back to Bradford. Two nights ago, actually.”

“WHAT? Zayn, don’t play with me.”

“I’m serious Li, I’m in Bradford. I’ll be coming to your school tomorrow, I guess.”

“Then I will defiantly see you tomorrow, right?”

“Yeah, Defiantly.  Listen, Liam, I have to go. I’ll see you tomorrow, alright?”

“Alright, Zayn, see you then.” He hung up. See, this is what makes me happy. Makes a side of me come out that people rarely see. My mates make me happy like that. Art and music make me calm and happy. Nobody knows that about me. Except maybe my mates. I hear movement from the living room. Lucy must be up.

When I enter the room she’s sitting cross-legged on the sofa watching T.V.

“Oh hey, I was wondering where you went. Who were you talking to?”

“Just my best mate Liam.” I shrug, sitting down next to her. 

“Liam? Like, Liam Payne?” She sounded confused. I was confused. She knew Liam?

“Yeah. You know him?” I don’t know why, but I hope she had nothing to do with Liam, or any of the guys.

“I know of him. He goes to my school and he’s in one of my classes. But I don’t talk to him, or any of his friends for that matter. Like I‘ve never had a legit conversation with any of them.” she looks at me quizzically. “You said Liam was your best friend? How?”

I was born and raised here-” I start to say.

“Oh really that’s so cool. That explains your accent.” She gives a shocked look. “Oh gosh I’m sorry I interrupted you, didn’t I?”

“It’s okay. So, Yeah, I just moved back here-”

“But I thought you said you were born and raised here?” I smile. “Oh my gosh what’s wrong with me? I’m so sorry. Please, continue.” She says, smiling. And let me just tell you, she looks downright stunning when she smiles. Her whole face lights up and she’s just radiant. She makes me want to smile. Damn it, Zayn, stop thinking these things. I never used to before, and I don’t knows why all of a sudden its happening now. I snap out of my thoughts and smile back at her.

“That’s alright. Just don’t let it happen again, though.” I lightly tap her nose with my index finger. She covers her nose, giggling. Damn, she was mesmerizing.

“Anyways, I was born and raised here, and so was Liam…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit of a cliff hanger…I cut it off right at Zayn’s past because it really was too long and I think I will post the rest next week... All I’m going to say is there is going to be a lot of drama and tears in the next chapter. Also, another question: 

What is your favorite 1D song and why??

Mine is Little things because it explains me perfectly and I always feel good about myself after hearing it. 

Love you all, 

zayn_is_bae17