Chapter 8- Why does This Happen

I'm so very sorry I've been so busy with unpacking  and my wifi is down so I have to do this from school.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap

Zayn's POV

....and that's when I get a text from Lucy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucy's POV

*right after she leaves Zayn's house*

Crap.Crap.Crap.Crap.Crap.

My dad is going to literally kill me. I was supposed to be home a whole two hours ago. I don't know how I'm going to get myself out of this one.And to make matters worse, Claire isn't home because she's got school elections until 7:00.

I quietly unlock the door, trying to be as discreet as I can, and tiptoed inside, wincing when the door closes with an audiable click! Immediately, I hear my dad heave himself off of the couch. Damn it, I'm screwed.

"Where the hell have you been all afternoon? You were suppose to be home two hours ago." my dad screamed, standing in the doorway.

"I-I-I was.." I tried to think up an excuse. My dad just stood there grinning evily.

"Well? I'm waiting for the lie to pass your teeth so that I can beat you senseless. he says in an amused but surprisingly calm tone.

He reaches out and grabbed my hair, yanking me to his side.

"Do you think you can come home any time you feel like it?" he says, still calm. But he tightens his hold on my hair, practically ripping it out.

"N-N-No dad I-"

"Shut. Up." he swings me around and my legs hit the side table holding my mother's favorite lamp. It crashes to the floor by my head. I tried to shield myself from the flying pieces.

"What to do...what to do..." he trails off. He walks to the kitchen, dragging me by my hair. When we reach the fridge, he opens it and searched through it for a beer, one hand still vice-tight on my hair. Don't get me wrong, it hurt like hell, but the one thing I learned never to do is scream. But still, silent tears were making wet trails down my face and in these moments is when I most feel like dying.

"Do you know how worried I was?" he says in a ridiculously high fake voice. He found the beer and closed the fridge, setting it on the counter. He then began to look for a bottle opener in a drawer and after a moment, he found it and opened the bottle. He did all this with one hand.

Suddenly he pulled me up so that I was eye level with him.

"I thought someone took you," he continued in the fake worried tone. "I was seriously about to report it." He laughed loudly then and threw me against the sink. I fell to the floor.

"Ha. As if anybody would want you. Look at yourself."He grabbed my hair again and dragged me back to the hall in front of the mirror, beer in hand. He pulled me up next to him and tilted my head up.

"Do you see this?"he says, taking a swig of beer. "Sometimes I don't know what's worse: going to jail for murder or having you as a daughter." He takes another sip."Thing is, I always thought they equaled the same amount of torture." He took yet another sip from hus bottle. "But now I know..." he comepletely chugged the rest, then slammed the empty bottle against the wall. It erupted in to a thousand tiny shards. He picked up the biggest one, which was about the size of his hand, and razor sharp. He put it against my neck. I started crying.

"Oh, shut up. Now, where was I?" He teasingly traces my collarbone with the glass. "Oh yes, well I know which one is worse."  He puts on the most evil face I've ever seen, anywhere. "Having you as a daughter is definately worse than any kind of punishment mankind could ever think up." He slams my heand into the mirror and I see stars. He drops me on the floor so I land in the mess of lamp, mirror and beer bottle shards. Blood pours from the cuts on my hands. He just laughs at me. My head was throbbing.

"See, if you were a good daughter-"The phone rings, cutting him off. He picks up the phone.

"Hello? Yes...this is he...she what? Hmm, yes she did...yes I saw...I did not know that,no...how very interesting...no of course I won't..nothing too bad..."he gives a fake laugh."Yeah, that's right kids will be kids...oh yes, she will be there tomorrow...yes you too, ma'am...thank you, bye." He throws the phone against the wall where it broke into a million pieces. "If she is even alive tomorrow." He laughs loud and high, like a hyena. "So I heard you weren't at school today..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again so sorry I've been doing so much these past few days but I haven't forgotten about this story:-) So anyways do you guys like the cliff hanger? One of my besties said you would murder me if I left it at this spot but...sucks for you. JK, JK but let me know if you would like me to put up my Niall fanfic I've already started writing it in a notebook so...let me know.

>>>picture of Lucy's dad>>>

love you all,

zayn_is_bae17