Chapter 7- Just Listen

Ok so I left you at a little cliff hanger, again :-), ending at the beginning of Zayn‘s past. So, without further ado, Chapter 7 everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap

Zayn’s POV

“Anyways, I was born and raised here, and so was Liam…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zayn’s POV

“Our families have known each other since before we were born. We were together all the time since we started primary school. There, we met Niall in our 3rd year. In our 5th year, we met Louis and Harry both, since they were also best friends. We all sort of banded together after that. But in our 6th year, I left for America on….some of my father’s work. My mother became a lawyer there and we just stayed there awhile. Now, we’re here on more of my father’s work, my mom quit being a lawyer, and now it looks like we’re here to stay for a while.” Damn it, I mentioned my father way too much. Please don’t ask what he does. I don’t think I could lie to her. She was just so innocent.

“That’s cool. My mom is a professor at the college here.” She nods at me.

“What does your dad do?” I question her. Immediately, she tenses up and looks away from my eyes. She’s gonna lie. I know it. I’ve studied people way too long not to know.

“Uh, nothing, you know, just around the house chores, making sure we do everything right and stay out of trouble. Like a stay at home dad. My mom gets oretty good money, too, so he doesn’t necessarily need a job.” I can tell something about her father is a touchy subject for her. “What does your dad do?” she says quickly.

Crap. I guess I had that coming to me.”My dad doesn’t do anything either. Sometimes he trades, you know, like a hobby, but essentially nothing.” She thinks for a while. All of a sudden she smiles at me.

“So…..what’s your favorite color?” I grin and she grins back.

“Green.” I say. “what’s yours?”

She looks down at her shirt. “Pink?” she says, and we both laugh. That’s how it goes the rest of the afternoon,  taking turns asking each other questions and answering them. And I come to know Lucy Brimmings.

                                                                   -----------------------------------

Too soon, my mother comes home.

Hey, Zayn, sweetie, how was your day? Did you get your plat-” She stops mid-sentence, looking at Lucy, who is looking at the ground. “Why, hello, you must be one of Zayn’s friends.”

I stand up, pulling Lucy with me. “Mum, this is Lucy. Lucy, this is my mum.”

“Hi, Mrs. Malik. I’m Lucy.” Shen says shyly. Damn, she was too cute.

“Hello, Lucy, it’s nice to meet you. Please, call me Patricia.” My mum had an angry look on ker face just barely concealed with a polite one. Never seen that one before. Jeez, what did I do?

“It’s nice to meet you, too.”

“Are you staying for dinner by anychance?” my mum asks her. She always asks this to the girls I bring home.

“What, oh what time is it?” I look at my watch.

“It’s about 6:00 right now.” I tell her. Her face looks pale and she looks panicked. What’s wrong with her?