2- Selection

Her eyes fluttered open only to see an unfamiliar face smiling down at her

"Ah, you're awake! I was afraid you won't wake up."

[Name] looked at the woman, not knowing who she was as she sat up slowly, her muscles arching.

She tried speaking, but her lips trembled in pain, feeling the large injury she had received.
[Name] looked up at the woman who was dressed in a beautiful haori that had butterfly patterns and the corp member uniform underneath. Black tied up hair with purple tips, a butterfly pin holding her hair together.

"Where...am I?" [Name] asked quietly, shifting in her position.

"You're at the butterfly estate. Do not worry, I've already treated your injuries! They'll heal in an instance." She smiled, "I'm Shinobu Kocho, the insect Pillar. Nice to finally meet you, [Name]!"

Now she remembered what had happened, covering her mouth as the tears threatened to spill again. The image of her brother crossing her mind haunted her.

Shinobu didn't know what to do as she tried her best to comfort her by side-hugging, patting her shoulders. She was close with Aiko, best friends even.

"Shh, shh, it's alright to cry. Let it out," she hummed, the girl in her arms sobbing quietly.
[Name] wanted to forget it all, all the pain and grief she experienced.

First her parents and now her brother. She has lost everyone in her family. That's what she at least thought for now.

With a few more sniffles, she looked up at Shinobu, thanking her in a hushed tone.

"How did I come here?" [Name] asked, rubbing her eyes that were tinted red. Shinobu still had on the same smile, "Shinazugawa-san brought you here, he's waiting for you to get healed."

[Name] appreciated that a bit, recalling what he had said about taking care of her since he's gone now. She peered down at her hand, balling it into a fist, gritting her teeth.
"When am I able to leave, Kocho-sama?"

"No need to be formal on me, you can call me Shinobu!" Said girl smiled and [Name] hesitated but nodded regardless.

"Well, you can go to him if you're able to walk right." She said, helping her up, she was still a bit wobbly because of the shock. Shinobu helped her get dressed, leading her to the entrance when they were done.

Sanemi was sitting on a wooden bench, feeding Nobuko little treats. Said wolf perked up when she smelled [Name], swiftly running up to her startling the Wind Hashira.