𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

Rukmani

Waking up the following day, I stroll to the living room sleepily

Waking up the following day, I stroll to the living room sleepily. Unawarely, a loud audible yawn escapes my lips. "This is not good for home, something bad will happen If you yawn like that" my mom shakes her head disappointedly from the kitchen.

Bad will happen? I shrug casually at her remark and amble out of my house to find my dad brushing his teeth using the neem stick.

"Appa, I need one too" he nods his head and cuts a small branch of neem and handles it to me after he sheds the few leaves that thrived in it. I smile and start to cleanse my teeth vigorously with the neem stick.

After that, I again brush using toothpaste. Though I already tidied my tooth, this Colgate gives me a connotation of some refreshing impression.

My parents would always stare at me like I'm an alien when I do this, but never mind, Colgate is loveee and my dad and mom have got used to my antics by now.

"Brush your teeth with Colgate and get rid of all the germs dwelling in your teeth!!" I say while brushing and looking down, I was met with Yadhav. His face was sprinkled with the Colgate fragments from my mouth.

Oh no.

"I'm so done with you" surprisingly, he spoke calmly and scramble away with his neem stick. I stifle my laugh and proceed to make my step towards the handmade callous clay pots, located a few feet away from our veranda, containing clean water which we fetch from the well that was three kilometers away from our house. Although we have water pipes, we use them only for sanctifying purposes such as showering, washing dishes, etc...

For consumption, we use only the water from the well.

Hmm..too dramatic for the 21st century huh? However, it's not like we are experiencing water scarcity though. Regarding that, we are truly lucky.

I retract the lid away from the pot and get hold of the mug floating in it. A while later, finally, I was done rinsing my mouth

As I again enter my house, my dad exits at the same time to his work in ayya's place. I hug him while he places a kiss on my head and pats my hair. "It's time ma, I have to go" I pull away and bid him bye as he walks off.

Soon, I rush to my room and grab all my clothing requirements to bathe in the pond. We do have a bathroom but I love to enjoy my shower in the pond.

"Amma, I'm going to the pond to take bath" I inform my mom who is in the living room, watching sun music channel on the television. Yadhav also was beside my mom on the floor, having his breakfast. I hurriedly finish off my meal too and sprint out the backdoor of my house.

The sun is yet to wholely open its eyelids as I saunter up to the pond, situated only a very few distances off from behind my home.

Men don't usually come here. The one pervert who once did so was punished by our ayya. This pond is exclusively given to the females only! While for men, there is another one in our village.

And after we bathe, we have a separate resident facility nearby to change our clothes. Sounds cool right? Well, we have to pay rent too.

I strip off my half saree and tie my skirt up to my bosoms as I dive into the water

I strip off my half saree and tie my skirt up to my bosoms as I dive into the water. The fluid is cold when it grazes all over my skin. I sigh dreamily at the sensation.

Nobody was swimming there except me because it was still too early in the morning!

I loveee this.

I sing and enjoy my bath as much as I can and I pause only when the sun completely unlocked its eyes, smudging the world with those eye-blinding luminous rays.

"You shameless, sun! Look away" I giggle as I say it. Even though there's none around me, I always feel so exposed when this bright light surges into the world.

It feels like the sun(Kathiravan) is peeking at me.

................

How was the chapter guys?💗

Sun is known as Kathiravan in Tamil!😘