𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

Rukmani

I was on the terrace when chinnaya came in the bullet with my dad

I was on the terrace when chinnaya came in the bullet with my dad. I wanted to talk to him, but my confidence sank so deep in my heart that I can't bring myself to do it. And so, I just reclined down on the terrace and peeked sneakily at his handsome countenance. He looked like a movie actor in the manner he sat back at the bullet...

I laughed lowly when he teased my Yadhav. After all, he wasn't as arrogant as I thought he was.

I kept on staring at chinnaya for a very long time and only then did I realize that he was waiting for me...I mean, who might it be other than me that he would be waiting for!?

When he decided to start his bullet, I yearned to stop him, but words didn't slip out of my lips...chinnaya makes me so nervous.

Ah!

Hence to halt him, I knocked my feet on the ground, thereby inducing my anklets to produce a jiggling sound. At first, he didn't find me, so I stood on the terrace and again did the same action with my feet...and he finally noticed me.

I don't know how to describe it, I felt suffocated...in a good way as soon as our eyes met each other.

He kept on gazing at me and I did the same, all the while, seizing my breath in my throat.

If mom hadn't called me for dinner, I would have died due to the cause of lack of oxygen. Afterward, I waved my hands at chinnaya to send him off. He unexpectedly smiled at me, and I strived to return the same but my shyness got indulged in between, which made me scurry off.

Currently, I'm having food with my parents and Yadhav in the living room, sitting on the floor. "Rukmani, we have confirmed an alliance for you" I pause eating and gave a look of panic towards my mom, but she just shrugs casually. Huh?

I know they will be marrying me off soon, but I didn't expect it to be this quick. Also...I have chinnaya in my heart. Though it's just been one day since chinnaya and I met, he made me feel things that I never even knew existed.

But I won't lie saying he is the only person that I had gotten attracted to. That's not true. I have a big crush on numerous actors. Other than that, I had one school crush, then in college...I don't even glimpse in the direction of boys. If you ask me why then the answer to that is I'm too shy. Plus, I have several girl friends in college so I don't care much about my phobia of guys.

"Oh!Akka(elder sister) is getting married!!! But to whom? Do I know him?" Yadhav asks excitedly to my appa(dad). "Yes everyone knows him Yadhav. He is ayya's son, Kathiravan" My prior panic expression now changes into a surprised one.

"I'm going to marry chinnaya!?" I question in shock to no one in particular. "Yes, ma" my dad replies and smiles.

"You are okay with this alliance right? He already said positive to marrying you" oh my god. What in the world is this!?

"Unma thaana appa solreenga?" (Are you telling the truth dad?) He pursed his lips at my stupid question. Damn Rukmani. Why would your dad lie to you in such matters!

"I...appa...I will marry chinnaya.." I say and look down at my food, feeling so timid.

..................

How was it guys?❤️