𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

Rukmani

Done with bathing, I stride back to my home, carrying my used clothes in my hand

Done with bathing, I stride back to my home, carrying my used clothes in my hand. I sing out whatever song comes into my head, and I eventually obtained home.

Clothe-washing time!

"Amma! I'm back" I yell as I open the backdoor of our home. Yadhav runs to me, as soon as he hears my voice.

"Shall we play vattu?"

Ah, vattu!!!

Vattu means, it's a physical game where some combined rectangular boxes will be drawn on the soil ground and it is played by using a small piece of tiles or any other flat stone, irrespective of its shape as long as it doesn't poke your palm of the foot when you jump on it. The player has to throw the tile while standing in front of the starting point of the rectangular boxes.

In the first round, the thrown tile must reach out of all the rectangular boxes and land ahead, and when it does so, the player has to stand balancing on one leg, whereas the other leg should be bent in knees to the air, If it touches the ground, then you fail. Also, the player has to skip the boxes in one leg and should be aware to not touch his foot to the line of the boxes, If he accidentally does, then it would also be called foul.

After the player successfully skips through all the boxes, he has to step his foot on the tile by jumping, doesn't matter how far it is, you have to reach it by lounging on one leg. There are so many rounds to the game and it gets tougher and more fun on every level.

It's one of my favorite games! I hope it doesn't die down as decades pass by. And as my college has lent us vacation, more than half a day, I spent my time playing vattu with my Yadhav. He is my mother's younger sister's son.

He is ten years old and the reason he is staying with us is on the virtue of his school vacation.

As he is also a solitary child to his parents like me, we both utilize our time together, enjoying ourselves as though we are siblings by fighting and annoying each other. Somehow, we find immense joy in it! We also do play so many outmoded games such as pallanguli, bambaram, and pass our time, merrily.

"Yes yes, you go and draw the lines, I will come after washing my clothes!" He nods excitedly and sets off to do the thing I had suggested.

In the meantime, I hastily wash my clothes and hung them on the holder which is also located on our backside of the house, near the clothes washing stone. I click some clips on top of my clothes and promptly I scramble into my home to reach the veranda while on the way, I grin at my mom who was chopping vegetables while watching serials on the television in the living room.

Once I was on the veranda, Yadhav smiles looking at me. "Let's play!" Not wasting time, he instantly begins to play by tossing the small piece of tile ahead of the three rectangular boxes. Sadly, it fell too far and when he attempted to jump on that, he failed.

"My turn!" I smile and grab my tile from the floor base of the pillar. And then we went on playing it for hours until mom called us to have lunch.

Thereafter, as every day, I grab one steel water jug and trek to the well to retrieve drinking water. Yadhav gives me company and we both giggle and laugh at the silly jokes that we would crack.

This is mostly my life. And I not only just like it but I loveee it so much to eternity.

.................

How was it guys?♥️