𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

Kathiravan

I am literally speechless at this moment

I am literally speechless at this moment. "Really?" I manage to word out, my brows furrow as I query them. My mom nods her head, blowing a bright smile.

"So shall we proceed with this alliance..?" My dad questions in expectancy entwining his tone, waiting for me to tell a yes."What's her age?" What If she is too younger than me? There's a high possibility for that.

Even so, I ain't leaving her unless she is a school student. Oh god, she shouldn't be one!

"She is nineteen" Raghav uncle responds and I quirk my eyebrows and nod my head silently. Meanwhile, in my head, I'm doing a somersault in happiness as for the reason that she is in college.

Still...she is too young to be getting married now, isn't she? "You are planning to get her married at nineteen itself?? It's too early uncle!" I fire back to him in confusion.

Instead of replying to me, he looks at my parents with a frown. And abruptly, my mom begins to speak.

"Kathir! It's common in our village. Also, she is nineteen Kathir, not a minor. So it's not a problem. Moreover, If you don't want to marry Rukmani, it's okay! She is already having a lot of alliances in line, which means, even If you will decline to marry her, she will be marrying some-

"Enough enough amma, I am entirely okay with marrying Rukku!" I snap, too outraged upon listening to my mom talking about Rukku marrying someone other than me!

"Rukku ah? athukullayaeva" (Already?) My mom smiles sheepishly whereas my appa coughs to hide the awkwardness. On the other hand, Raghav uncle is smiling shyly. Goodness! This situation is so embarrassing.

"I...I have to make an important call.." I mumble quietly and rush up the stairs to my room. I could hear those elders laughing from the living room!

Ahhh!

I hastily enter my suite and locks the door, a smile grazing over my lips as I thought back to Rukku...

Damn it. I can't wait to see her again. I want to look at her. Now itself! Rukku had done something to my heart, I can feel it...this me is too opposite to my personality.

I was a grumpy, irritated and grouchy person most of the time but now I want to grin for no reason at all. And what's more surprising in it is...it's merely been one day since I was in this village and met Rukku...yet she had sustained my mind to experience a state of euphoria within this short-term period.

"Kathir!" Heeding my mom's calling, I vacate my room. "Ennachu ma? (What happened, mom?)" I implore, reclining down the stairs. "Can you drop off Raghav at his home?" My dad solicits appearing behind my mom.

"Sure!" I reply fastly and they glimmer lovingly. "But I don't have my car right now.." my father shakes his head at my words. "You can take my bullet. Though I don't use it much! I maintain it very well" my dad proudly tells, earning an eye roll from mom.

"Of course, you will maintain it well. After all, it is your first wife" my mom glares at dad and they continue to argue...just because of a bike.

I shuffle past them, without minding their silly fight, and exit my home to find Raghav uncle on the veranda. I offer a smile to him and he reciprocates it.

My eyes then went in search of the bullet. Out the left side of our house, I catch a glimpse of the bullet and smirk internally. It's looking so fucking good.

................

How was it, guys!?❤

Need another update?😛