•two•

After taking her lab coat off Allison approached the nurses station on the neuro floor.

"How can I help?" She asked the charge nurse with a smile, Allison wasn't usually one to smile but she was also a workaholic.

"Mercy west?" The nurse asked, not looking amused.

"No, I just got kicked out of the E.R for working too much and I figured nurses always work too much, so I would help you." Allison offered.

"You want to help the nurses?" The woman asked with raised brows.

"I will take anything you don't want to do, literally any job." Allison pleaded.

"Any job?" The charge nurse asked with a smile.

"Yes, and I say this fully aware that you plan to torture me." Allison confirmed with a nod.

"Here's a list of things I need done." The woman replied as she finished writing on a notebook.

"Thanks." Allison said as she turned to leave before remembering something.

"I almost forgot, my cousin works for the Henry Moore foundation and she wanted me to pass her number around for the nurses. She'll help any nurse who looses their job during the merger find a job." Allison said as she handed the charge nurse and card and walked away.

"Allie?" The resident heard from behind her.

"Derek?" Allison countered as the attending brought her in for a hug. You would think that someone who knew her for so long would know that she wasn't a hugger.

"What are you doing here?" The neurosurgeon asked confusedly.

"I got kicked out of the E.R for working too much so I came up here so help the nurses." Allison replied as she walked into a supply closet.

"I meant in Seattle." Derek replied as he waited in the doorway.

"My father said I wouldn't move to Seattle just to piss him off, so here I am." Allison replied as she walked out of the closet with her arms full.

"What made you choose Seattle?" He asked while watching Allison restock the code carts.

"After we moved out of here when I was eight, my father vowed to never return." The blonde answered.

"Creative." Derek commented with a laugh before changing the subject. "Interested in Neuro?"

"If Amy couldn't convince me, neither can you." Allison denied.

"How is she?" Derek asked, after all it is his sister.

"Last time I spoke with her she was pissed at me for not being mad at her when she slept with my boyfriend." Allison remembered.

"I'm sorry." Derek said with a sigh.

"Don't be, he had proposed so I was going to bolt anyway." The woman shrugged.

"It's comforting to know that no matter what's happening, Allison Moore will always have commitment issues." Shepherd pointed out with a laugh.

"You should call her." Allison urged, ignoring Dereks previous comment.

"I don't think that's what she wants." Derek said with a shake of his head.

"Screw what she wants, she's going to end up dead." Allison said argued with a scoff.

"It's not really any of your business." Derek pointed out sharply, both of them unaware that Cristina and Izzie were watching them argue.

Allison scoffed as soon as the words left his mouth, "None of my business? So I suppose it's been you that's been cleaning her and her messes up? You that walks into her apartment to find her passed out and you have to panic on whether she's dead and it's you who has to call all the hospitals and morgues when you can find her?"