•seven•

As usual unedited, feel free to point out mistakes.

"This patient understands what cutting the cord means? The loss of function in both legs and possibly more?" Webber asks Derek while Allison, Lexie, and Jackson sit in the conference room with them silently.

"We have to cut the cord to kill the tumor. There's no other way." Derek tells the chief with a solemn look on his face.

"Okay. That'll only take an hour or two. You can have O.R. One, Hunt needs it right after so he'll have enough time." Webber says before standing up.

"Thank you." Derek said as he too stood up.

"Good luck. Moore, I'd like to have a chat with you." The chief says causing Allison's eyes to go wide.

"Yes sir." Allison nodded before following Webber into the hall.

"I take it those random crisis' I had to deal with yesterday weren't so random?" He asked as Allison walked with him.

"No sir." Allison answered, pretty sure she was about to lose her job.

"And you threw that all together in 24 hours?" The chief asked with raised brows.

"3 sir." The blonde corrected meekly.

"3 hours?" He asked with raised brows.

"Yes sir." Allison said with a nod.

"And how long did it take you to get your fathers approval to pay for the surgery?" He questioned as he stopped walking causing Allison to do the same.

"He actually didn't give it but I knew if I told the reporters the foundation was paying for it he would have to." Allison explained.

"And you knew that if you told the reporters I agreed to the surgery I would have to let Shepherd do the surgery?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"Yes sir." The resident repeated.

"Don't ever do anything like that again unless I ask you to." He warned with narrowed eyes.

"Of course sir." Allison agreed and with that Webber walked away. Allison hurried back to Derek and her fellow residents so she could enjoy not being fired.

"Bull." Allison states to Derek as she crosses her arms.

"Excuse me?" Derek asked confused.

"Bull shit, you're not cutting that cord." Allison elaborated, not believing Derek.

Derek stared at her for a second before a smile grew across his face. "We're not cutting the cord."

•:•:•

"So, you didn't get fired." Derek pointed out as him, Allison, Jackson and Lexie entered the O.R.

"No but he figured out that everything that went wrong for him yesterday was me." Allison replied.

"In his defence I heard Darla had to be chased through five floors." Jackson pointed out.

"Don't be so dramatic, it was three." Allison corrected as she rolled her eyes.

Derek was about to make the first cut when Allison stopped him. "You have to say it." Allison reminded the man.

"It?" Jackson asked while looking around the room for an answer.

"You didn't say it yesterday and look how that went." Allison reminded, ignoring Jackson.

"It's a beautiful day to save lives, let's have some fun." Derek announced, bringing a smile to Allison and Lexies faces.