•eight•

This chapter and the next covers three days. I don't think I was clear enough with the time skips but I'm just trying to get chapters out and will start editing once I finish writing this season.

Also, I'm not having a very good day health wise so if you see things that make absolutely no sense, that's why.

•:•:•

For most people being in a trauma room at three in the morning is a nightmare. Allison on the other hand, had volunteered. Hunt had tried to send her home but when a girl came in with at least fifty broken bones he decided he needed the help.

Allison watched as Callie's eyes went wide when she saw Hillary Boyd lying in the bed, bruised over her legs, with a bone sticking out.

"Good morning." Allison greeted with a tired sigh as she made sure that the exposed bone had saline on it.

•:•:•

"We need the O.R." Callie told Arizona as Callie, Allison and Owen raced Arizona and Karev down the hall for the elevator.

"Well we need it, too, we're already our way." Arizona stated as she began to walk faster.

"There's only one O.R prepped this time of night." Callie pointed out.

"Which is why we need it. Mine's got a subduraro." Arizona stated.

"Fifty broken bones!" Callie exclaims while trying to get ahead of Arizona.

"Stroke in the womb!" The peds doctor countered.

"Door!" Allison yelled, drawing attention to the door that was now blocking their way to the elevator.

"All right, get another O.R. ready now." Callie instructed a nearby nurse as they watched Arizona and Alex leave in the elevator.

•:•:•

"Warning apparently Cristina is going to be mad." Callie warned as she and Hunt walked up to Allison.

"Oh she's pissed." Allison confirmed with a nod to the two attendings. "But not at me." She added with a smile before joining Cristina, Jackson, Charles, and Arizona at the doors of the peds ward.

"Okay, I know this is the first time on a Peds rotation with me for some of you. Not for others." Arizona said, directing her last comment at Cristina.

"But I wanted you to understand that I run my Peds unit a little differently than you may be used to. This is not general surgery in miniature, these are the tiny humans. These are children. They believe in magic, they play pretend. There is fairy dust in their I.V. bags. They hope and they cross their fingers and they make wishes. And that makes them more resilient than adults. They recover faster, survive worse, they believe. In Peds, we have miracles and magic. In Peds, anything is possible." The woman shared while her fellow attendings looked at her with admiration.

Once Arizona was done talking she turned around to lead the group to their patient. When they got there, there was a tiny person in navy scrubs and a lab coat examining Hillary.

"Morning, Dr. Robbins." The child greeted.

"Good morning, Dr. Wallace. I see that you've already introduced yourself to Mr. and Mrs. Boyd." Arizona replied with a smile. Allison liked cardio for many reasons, one of which being she didn't have to smile all the time.

"Yes, reminds me of Hillary at that age. Such an overachier." The patients mother gushed.

"Dr. Yang, why don't you present?" Callie suggested, probably trying to get Cristina in a better mood.