•eleven•

This whole chapter will definitely be rewritten when I edit and I'll add more Maria time. Sorry there is only like two sentences of Maria but I haven't slept in like 48 hours.

•:•:•

Allison was trying to peacefully reading a medical journal at lunch when Callie sat down across from her. Normally this wouldn't have been so weird except the attending was just staring at her.

Allison looked around the cafeteria to see if anyone else was seeing this before turning back to the attending. "Can I help you?"

"How's your head?" She asked politely.

"Fine." Allison replied, still wondering why Callie was staring at her.

"Good. What's going on with you and Sloan?" She asked, her whole demeanor changing.

"As far as I know, nothing." Allison replied after adverting her eyes back to her magazine.

"Really?" Callie asked with raised brows, not believing a word coming out of Allison's mouth.

"Really." Allison said more confidently with a nod.

"So why did his longing looks turn into glares?" Callie questioned, gesturing towards Mark. Sure enough, the blonde turned around to see Mark glaring at her.

"I haven't a clue to as what is going on inside Marks head." The resident shrugged tiredly. She had a splitting headache and an interrogation was not on her docket for the day, then again neither was stitches.

"So there is something going on?" The woman asked.

"I didn't say that." Allison denied as she set her magazine down.

"You also didn't deny it." Callie pointed out. "And I know about the closet incident."

"Excuse me?" Allison asked with raised brows, now returning glares to Mark.

"Relax, he's my Cristina." Callie shrugged.

"If you know everything then why are you asking me?" Allison questioned as she crossed her arms.

"Because the details he's given me have been scarce." Callie supplied.

"The only important detail is that it's never happening again." The resident said firmly.

"So you're just going to ignore his yearning looks?" The woman asked.

Allison closed her eyes and took a breath. "Callie, do me a favor and take a look at Mark right now."

"He's sitting there with Lexie." Callie narrated with a shrug.

"Look how happy they look. I've known Mark since we were teenagers and I've never seen him look that happy. I refuse to be responsible for ruining that." She replied shaking her head.

"What about your feelings, where do they fit in?" The attending continued to question.

"If I had any hypothetical feelings, and I'm not saying I do, I would hypothetically ignore them until they went away." Allison answered, hating every second of it.

"And if these hypothetical feelings don't go away?"

"Then I would hypothetically look at them together and tell myself to get the hell over it, because hypothetical Mark is happy and if my hypothetical feelings for Mark mean anything then I hypothetically want him to be happy." Allison ranted before standing up and leaving the table.

•:•:•

"How are you feeling?" Derek asked when he found Allison in the E.R.