Maddie

As soon as I got out of my carriage, McGonagall and Slughorn were approaching me.

"Ms. Vick! Do you happen to know who did this?!" McGonagall practically yelled.

"No, Ma'am, I do not know who did it this time." I replied, impressed with my lying skills.

"Well, when I find out who did this- and so help me if it's someone from my house- they will suffer the consequences!"

I saw Anna trying to blend in with our classmates.

"You're getting too good at that," I whispered to her. "You might not get caught."

She grinned. "You're the only one that knows right?"

I looked down at my slightly dirty canvas shoes and frowned a bit.

"Right?"

"I mean, I told Reg."

She gave me an exasperated look. "He tattled on me last time!"

"In his defense, he was locked out of his own dorm."

"Not the point!"

I sighed. "Fine, let's go inside before McGonagall has a stroke."

With that we headed inside and say down at the Gryffindor table. I don't understand why we have tables anyways, I mean I sit where ever I want to, and so does half the school.

"Annaaaaaaaaaa," I sigh, giving her my best puppy eyes. "Can I please go sit with Reg?"

"No!" She nearly yelled. "It's the sorting ceremony! You have to be here to welcome the first years!"

"But Anna!"

"No if's, and's, or but's about it!"

When she said that, I just stood up and walked over to the Slytherin table, making sure that Reg saved a seat for me.

As I expected, he had, so I sat down in the chair next to Regulus, giving him a hug.

"Hey Reg," I smiled.

"Hello, Love," He grinned. "Did you leave Anna to come over here?"

"Uh, yeah, why?"

"Let's just say she looks extremely angry, and is coming this way." I quickly turned around and saw Anna making her way to the Slytherin table, her face holding a very angry expression.

"Reg, save me please, I'm begging you."

"How?"

"I don't know, do anything!" As soon as I said that he grabbed my face and kissed me.

I pushed him off lightly, "Sorry, but I have to go," And I ran out of the Great Hall,tears starting to fall from my eyes, towards the Gryffindor dormitories, Anna following me.

"Bloody hell, Mads, are you okay?" She asked.

I shook my head no, and sat down outside of the common room, putting my head in between my legs and body, letting the tears flow.

"D-did Remus see?" I choked out.

"I don't know, but let's go inside," She grabbed me and dragged me up and into the portrait hole after she said the password.