Anna

When I got on the Hogwarts Express for the first time that year, I had two things on my mind: where the heck was Mads and why was Sirius Black in a dress?

Let me lay some things down for you before I continue with this story:

1. Mads (or Maddie, or any variation of that sort) was my best friend in the whole world. We'd known each other since first year when I accidentally dropped my vanilla pudding on her while being chased by Filch; after I cleaned her up, we both got caught and sent to detention together. After a bit of explaining and some persisting on my part, we were best friends and roommates.

2. We were witches who attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and we were both in Gryffindor, the bravest (and in my humble opinion, most amazing) house. There were four houses: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff. I, personally, could really relate with the Ravenclaws and had a bunch of Racenclaw friends. Maddie basically talked to everyone- even a couple of Slytherins (which was considered almost blasphemous when you're in Gryffindor). Slytherin wasn't all bad, but they weren't all good either; I did my best to avoid them. Hufflepuff was alright- though they were pushovers and were a bit fickle.

3. Within the student body of Hogwarts, there was one group in particular that everyone either knew or knew of: the Marauders. Consisting of James Potter (twat), Sirius Black (twat), Remus Lupin (he was cool), and Peter Pettigrew (he was alright, sort of), it didn't take long for the entire school to swoon over them. I didn't get the big deal, but Maddie always told me it was because they were hot. She wasn't all that into them either, but I knew damn well that if Remus Lupin asked her out, she wouldn't say no. They were pranksters, troublemakers, and, well, just downright trouble. They were always in detention and always harassing someone. Yet they managed to have a ton of fan clubs. They figured out a long time ago that if they always looked presentable, they'd get whatever they wanted.

So when I saw Sirius in a dress, I knew I had to find Maddie.

"Oh dear Merlin. I think I've been blinded," I whispered, taking out my camera (which I always had with me) and snapping a picture of him.

"What the-" He swiveled around and made eye contact with me. "Hey! No! Don't-"

But I was dashing off to my usual compartment and slamming the door before he could even move.

Maddie was sitting- or well, lying- on the bench, levitating a book idly when I locked the door. Her blond hair was sprawled everywhere, but she didn't seem to mind, and her blue eyes twinkled with curiosity as I squealed.

"Dude, you won't believe what I just got a picture of. This is golden. This is an amazing prank opportunity. We could drive the fangirls crazy. Maddie, you have to see this! Sit up!"

"DAMMIT JAMES!" I heard Sirius yell. "WATERS GOT A PICTURE OF ME!"

"That's not all though," I grinned at Maddie. "Look."

I shoved it in her hand and waited for her response, sitting across from her giddily. She looked from me to the picture, back to me then back to the picture.

"Is that...your dress?"

Bewildered, I snatched the picture back. "What? No-"

It was.

That dress...

Was mine.

"HOW IN THE NAME OF MERLIN-!" I shrieked.

Maddie began to laugh so hard, she had to grab the wall for support.

"Stupid Black with his stupid friends. Always making stupid pranks."

Maddie took a deep breath and tried to steady herself as I glared at the picture. "Maybe we should go get that back..." She giggled a bit more and I crumbled the picture in my hand.

"He can keep it. I'll get cooties or AIDS or something if I wear it."

The door slid open and I heard someone utter the words, "Well, I doubt that..."

*Dedicated to @OreoBatSuperman for being our first follower*