Chapter 3: Hogwarts Express Mystery

Compared to getting my books. The rest of the summer was pretty uneventful. I spent time with Hermione a lot. Same with Ron and Harry. Now that Harry was at the Burrow. I could see him anytime I wished. Within reason of course. I remember spending a night at the Weasleys. I really liked that home too. It looked like the building was held together by magic. Which it was. Mr. Weasley told me that himself.  Hermione seemed so interested in Gilderoy Lockhart's books. I didn't think much of them. But I didn't tell Hermione that Ethan didn't like Lockhart. The only problem was Percy. He demanded that we keep the noise down outside. He needed to concentrate. He could be such a buzz kill. 

But the Summer Months had ended. And by September it was time to go back to Hogwarts. I was happy that I would get to go back to Hogwarts and be with my friends again. But there was something else in the back of my mind. Malfoy's plan for Hogwarts. And Dobby wanting Harry Potter to stay. I had these thoughts when I was walking through King's Cross Station. It seemed just as busy as ever. Muggles going by on their way. And I was going with Mater to Platform Nine and Three Quarters. Athena was in her cage and hooting at people. 

There were a couple of Muggles that noticed Athena and gave Mater and I looks. "What's the matter? Never seen an Owl before?" Mater asked them. 

"Who were those?" I asked Mater.

"Eh, no one. Just ignore them." Mater answered. 

I didn't see the Weasleys are Harry anywhere. The Hogwarts Express left at 11:00 am. And we were here at 10:45 at the platform. "Where are the Weasleys?" I asked. 

"They're probably just running late, Kassie. I'm sure they'll be here soon." Mater answered. We both ran for the wall and through the barrier to the Platform.

There the Hogwarts Express was. "Well... there it is." I said. 

Mater pulled me in for a last hug. "Have a great term, Kassie." She wished me. "You'll write to me, won't you?"

"Yes, Mater." I answered. "Love you." 

"I love you too." Mater replied. 

But before I boarded, I could see someone speaking to an older man. I recognized the boy as my old friend with blue eyes and brown hair. "Bye, Dad." He said before getting on.

"Bye, Ryan." Ryan's Father said to his son. I didn't see Ryan's Mater anywhere. Maybe she was back at the entrance. 

"Can I have your room, Ryan?" A little girl who was standing next to Ryan's Father asked.

"No, Sophie!" Ryan shouted. He then turned to his Father. "Dad? Is Mom mad again?" He asked.

"When isn't she?" Ryan's Father answered. "Anyway. Don't worry about it. I'll handle it." 

"Dad? Can I go to Hogwarts with Ryan?" The Little Girl asked. "I hate it when Mom gets mad." 

"Sorry, Sophie. You have to stay at home." Ryan's Father answered. 

"Aw, Sod." Sophie commented and walked away. 

"I'd better go deal with that." Ryan's Father told Ryan.

Ryan sighed. "Well... at least I get away from the fights now." He thought out loud.

Fights? 

The Hogwarts Express took off for Hogwarts again a few minutes after that. I sat in a Compartment alone for a few minutes. I was waiting for Ron and Harry to show up. But they weren't there yet. "That's strange." I said. Were they not coming? Or were they sitting in another compartment?

I got up and searched for them. "Hello?" I asked looking at different compartments. "Harry? Ron?" I asked. 

I went through the Express Cars. But neither of them were in sight. I did see Ryan sitting in another compartment though. "Chare Ryan." I greeted.