Chapter 13: Nightmare Scenario.

We always knew that Hagrid had a liking for Dangerous Creatures. Just ask Norbert the Dragon. But there's no way. He can't be the Heir. We recounted everything to Ron and Hermione. 

Thankfully, Hermione was on my side with Riddle accusing Hagrid. "Riddle might have gotten the wrong person." She suggested. 

Yeah... he just had to. "It's got to be a snake. I saw it in my head. And it couldn't be an Acromantula. They're not capable of Petrifying their prey. No!" I shouted. 

"Makes you wonder how many monsters this place holds." Ryan commented. "I mean... there's those Spiders, This Monster, That Troll from Halloween... Just saying."  

"Kassie. Hagrid was expelled. We all know this." Harry admitted sadly. "And the attacks must've stopped after Hagrid was kicked out." 

"Is that because Riddle told you that?" Ryan asked. "Are you telling me we're seriously going to believe a book over our friend, Hagrid?" He had been in denial about the whole thing as well. "I don't like this, Harry." 

"Riddle sounds like Percy. Who asked him to grass on Hagrid, anyway?" Ron asked.

"But the monster killed someone, Ron." Hermione pointed out. 

"And Riddle was going back to some Muggle orphanage if they closed Hogwarts. Can't say I blame him for that." Harry added. 

"But it didn't belong to Hagrid!" I denied. It wasn't possible. I just don't see Hagrid as the Heir. Why am I repeating myself about this?

"I'm with Kassie on this one." Ron agreed with me. "Hagrid is our friend. There's no way he could be the Mastermind of all of this. And all because Riddle told us this in a book? A person we barely know. My Brothers fell for the same trap when they were students under Rakepick." 

I remember Ethan saying something about that over the Summer after the Siege. How Rakepick had been hired as a Curse Breaker for the Cursed Vaults, but Rakepick framed one of Ethan's friends, Ben Copper into attacking Ethan. And she did it again to some of Ethan's other friends. Including Rowan Khanna. And when they got to one Vault in particular. Rakepick showed her true colors and betrayed Ethan. Along with Merula Snyde, Ben Copper, Penny Haywood, Charlie Weasley, and Bill Weasley.

"Harry, you met Hagrid down Knockturn Alley, didn't you?" Ron asked.  

"Yes. He was buying a flesh eating slug repellant." Harry answered. 

There was an awkward silence before Hermione spoke up. "Do you think we should just go and ask Hagrid about it all?" She asked. 

"That's going to be a cheerful conversation." Ron said. "Hey, Hagrid. Tell us if you've been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the Castle, lately." 

"That's sarcasm, right?" Ryan asked. 

"Of course it's sarcasm, Ryan." Ron answered.

"Then we don't go to Hagrid." I declared. "After all, it's been only four months since the last attack." And that's when it hit me. "Which means that an attack is long overdue..." I then looked at Hermione. And I thought about my images. 

The Easter Holidays came around, along with something for all the second years to think about. Subjects for third year. World was on fire and the School acted like nothing was wrong. We had to select more classes for next year. And Hermione was taking it extremely seriously. "It could affect our whole future." Hermione told us. 

"I just want to give up potions." Harry muttered. 

"We can't, we keep all of our old subjects." Hermione reminded. "Otherwise I'd drop Herbology."