Chapter 9: Bludgers must really hate Harry.

It wouldn't be the first time I've broken into the Restricted Section of the Library. Harry and I did it last year at Christmas. Madam Pince was sitting at her desk. She was a thin irritable woman who looked like a vulture. And eying everything like a hawk. 

"You think maybe we should've done this at night?" I asked. 

"Not with Filch probably watching the corridors with an even bigger fury." Ryan answered. 

"No wonder he's grouchy. He never gets any sleep." I thought out loud. 

But I got shushed by Pince. I rolled my eyes. I got warned by my family that Pince was a very strict person. Especially when it came to noise. 

"So, how are we going to get that book without Pince noticing?" Harry asked

"I've got an idea. I've done things like this before back in Greece. It's all in the distraction." I answered. I looked at Pince. "Okay, you guys need to keep Pince busy while I look for the book." 

Hermione I think must've been an expert on how to get Pince upset. She did spend a lot of time in the Library after all. "Leave it to me, Kassie." She declared. "As soon as I drop one of the books from the top shelf, we scatter." 

Before anyone could say Hermes, Hermione dropped the book on the table from the top shelf. 

"What was that?" And I could hear Pince jump out of her chair to investigate the noise. 

"Go." We all split up from the book. Ryan and I go over to the Restricted Section. The only problem was that there were students by the area. We'd never get in without anyone noticing. 

"Oh, that's just great." I groaned. Someone could tell Pince, and I would be in trouble. 

Ryan then saw Pince coming towards the area. "Okay, which one of you did something to that book?" She interrogated everyone in the library. 

Everyone looked around. Ryan and I looked too, so we wouldn't draw any suspicion. 

That was when we heard more books drop. "Oh, no you don't!" Pince jumped on it right away. 

It also got everyone else's attention as they wanted to know what was going on as well. I took the opportunity right away. I went over to the Restricted Section. I may have been breaking a few rules. But sometimes you have to get muddy if you wanted the world to stay clean. "Alohomora." I entered the restricted section. 

It seemed just as dark as last time. It was going to take awhile to find the book I needed. Look in the Ms. That was a start. I could hear some thumping of books from outside. It had to be somewhere around here. 

That was when I was looking on the M section. "Um..." I saw this one moldy large book. "Most Potent Potions. Got it!" I yelled. Crap. I think Pince might've heard that. 

"What was that?" I could hear the voice of Pince. That was when I heard another large loud thudding sound. And the sound of also somebody dropping on the ground. 

I quickly got out of the Restricted Section. And when I got out and relocked the Restricted Section. But when I got out. The whole student body were standing over an unconscious Pince.

"Um... how did that happen?" I asked Ryan who had run over.

"Well... Pince was coming over. And I sort of needed to buy you time..." Ryan answered. "And well..." He motioned a slam on his hands. 

"You knocked out Pince?" I asked. 

"Sort of." Ryan answered. "No one saw me do it." 

Harry, Ron, and Hermione all walked up to us. "Oops." Harry said.